What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Wanted Beginner

It might help if we knew where you are, how much you're looking to spend, and whether you have any cycling experience...

And why do you think you need a 55 cm frame?

I'm in Atsugi and have no cycling experience. For a first bike, I'd like to stay under a $1000. I went to a local bike shop and that's what they measured me at, 55cm.

...then why not buy from the shop who's time you spent measuring you? FWIW, anything between a 54 and a 56 will work just fine, you just have to make a few adjustments to the saddle, stem, and handlebars. Ask them to look for a used bike (chuukosha) for you. I would suggest getting at least Shimano 105 (ichimarugo) groupset (compo), but really even Sora would be fine for a beginner unless you're an accomplished athlete.

I have six road bikes which are at least two too many, and would be happy to part with either of a couple for rock bottom prices (just want to thin the herd)--BUT, they are located in Hiroshima, and last I checked Black Cat type delivery to Tokyo and the environs is about Y20,000 for a complete bike. The bikes: (1) Pinarello Galileo, 53 c-c, 53 tt, Campagnolo mechanicals (mostly Centaur or better), Most Crankset, Campy Khamsin wheels, Michelin tires--all in at Y80,000, and (2) Orbea Euskaltel, 54 c-c, 55 tt, Campagnolo mechanicals, Campy Scirroco wheels--Y100,000. Both are aluminum frames with carbon seat stays and carbon forks, both are in excellent shape, and both worth much more if I parted them out. Both have a mixture of new and lightly used mechanicals, with used frames in excellent shape (no crashes). Pictures and more details for the asking. Eventually will post both in the classified section here, but first will post in some local outlets in my area.

Last edited:
...and last I checked Black Cat type delivery to Tokyo and the environs is about Y20,000 for a complete bike...

Source a bike box, break it down a little, and you could probably send one for five.

I've got all kinds of bike and wheel boxes--and really, if anyone has a cheap(er) method that works, I 'd be happy to use it (i.e. buyer's choice regarding how to ship)--for a newbie, I would imagine a built bike would make the most sense, but of course I would be happy to partially or completely dismantle and ship frame in one box, wheels in another, at whatever it costs to ship.

Back
Top Bottom