What's new

Barbecue spot

joewein

Maximum Pace
Oct 25, 2011
Slightly off-topic, but since we discuss swimming and camp grounds, here's my question: Does anyone have favourite barbecue spots, preferable somewhere near water (river, beach) and/or out in nature?

I've had beach barbecues on the Miura peninsula, but otherwise little experience with barbecues outside the garden. I heard that barbecues along the Tamagawa were technically illegal. I had a good time at Tim's barbecue on the Arakawa, but would like somewhere less crowded on a weekend.

Can be just about anywhere, we'll actually be going by car (2 families in two cars)... :eek:

The Kawasaki side of the Tama River is fine for BBQs. The most popular spot is Futako Shinchi, but they charge about 500 yen a person. Under the bridge at Shimo Maruko or Noborito should be free and legal though.

Also, there are great BBQ spots along the Akigawa (en route to Tomin-no-mori) and also along the road up to Nokogiriyama (off the road leading to Kazahari-rindo, not the one in Chiba).

Saw a great place at Hanno this weekend. Not crowded, right down by the river. People were swimming, grilling fish etc. Very pleasant.

N35 51.322 E139 18.799

Thanks, John, Thomas, Alan and Pete!

We returned from Taiwan last night and are now checking out these locations on the map for the barbecue on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom