Barbecue spot

joewein

Maximum Pace
Oct 25, 2011
Setagaya, Tokyo
joewein.net
Slightly off-topic, but since we discuss swimming and camp grounds, here's my question: Does anyone have favourite barbecue spots, preferable somewhere near water (river, beach) and/or out in nature?

I've had beach barbecues on the Miura peninsula, but otherwise little experience with barbecues outside the garden. I heard that barbecues along the Tamagawa were technically illegal. I had a good time at Tim's barbecue on the Arakawa, but would like somewhere less crowded on a weekend.

Can be just about anywhere, we'll actually be going by car (2 families in two cars)... :eek:

Oct 15, 2010
The Kawasaki side of the Tama River is fine for BBQs. The most popular spot is Futako Shinchi, but they charge about 500 yen a person. Under the bridge at Shimo Maruko or Noborito should be free and legal though.

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
多摩区
Also, there are great BBQ spots along the Akigawa (en route to Tomin-no-mori) and also along the road up to Nokogiriyama (off the road leading to Kazahari-rindo, not the one in Chiba).

AlanW

Maximum Pace
Jan 30, 2007
Tokyo
Saw a great place at Hanno this weekend. Not crowded, right down by the river. People were swimming, grilling fish etc. Very pleasant.

N35 51.322 E139 18.799