What's new

Backroads Boso IV - Aug 11th

Phil

Maximum Pace
Sep 1, 2007
Some of us will be heading out for a Boso (Chiba) run on Saturday, August 11th, and would love the company if anyone is interested in joining!

Start: Honda (誉田) Station (JR Sotobo Line)
Time: Saturday 11th, rollout 9:15 AM, back 4:30 pm
Finish: Honda Station

EDIT:
Route added (see notes below):
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1525881

Moderate road bike pace, but the route will be fairly challenging and we want to keep to a reasonable schedule, so not recommended for absolute beginners. Thinking probably 3 combini stops.

Anyway, please let me know if you're interested!

Really want to join you Phil, but 10, 11, and 12 are not possible for me :(
Will have to wait until the next time..

I'm long overdue for a bit of Boso behemothry. Count me in, Phil!

Deej

Yep!

Hey Phil,
I will be there for sure!
Looking forward to riding those old familiar roads on the new bike!
It'll be good to catch up with you & the rest of the crew too.
See you there!
Travis

I'm interested. will have to confirm closer to the time, i can barely figure out what i'm supposed to do tomorrow.....

:bike:

I'll be there, too! Looking forward to another TCC classic with good friends.

Deej, John, are you going to ride out?

John, Travis, Deej, Thomas > Thanks for the interest guys, looking forward to seeing you out here again! (Deej, 4 years+ since the last one, eh?)

theDude > Would be great to meet you, hope you can make it.

Serguei > Sorry the timing doesn't work...hopefully next one!

And here's the route...

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1525881

After mapping it out, I realize this ride would be better called Pastoral Boso; not really touching on many rindos, instead tracking the quieter, pastoral routes that are more distinctly Boso(?) Anyway, should be a pleasant change of pace of the west-side Toge hunters.

The 172-173 (90km to 100km) section is new for TCC rides, although we've ridden parts of those roads before, and the bit from 22kms to 35kms is also a TCC first (although Travis and I did it in the opposite direction last spring).

Phil,

Yes! A Boso ride! Thanks for posting.
May I join the group?
Will try my best not to keep you guys waited too long.

Chikako

et tu, Phil-san?

Ah, d'oh! Really sorry about that--I'll go fix in the post above... :eek:

Chikako > Will be good to see you again; and after Ome, I only hope I don't keep you waiting...

Ah, d'oh! Really sorry about that--I'll go fix in the post above... :eek:

Chikako > Will be good to see you again; and after Ome, I only hope I don't keep you waiting...

No stress dude, you're not the first..... Hoping I can get out there as well.....!

Phil - I wish I could join this, but unfortunately will be traveling on that date. Hope you enjoy the ride!

Tom

Phil -- Hard to believe it's been that long! Really looking forward to it.

Thomas -- I'm not yet sure how I'll get there. Seems like an awful long way to ride. It's not the distance so much as that much of the journey would be along busy roads. Ugh. At this point, I'm leaning toward taking the train. I'll be sure to let you know my plans.

Deej

Can I join your ride? This will be my first Boso, Chiba ride. Should be a refresher from my usual west-side route...

Question: While I will take the train out to Honda, I might cycle back to Yokohama (depending on what is left on my tank). Do you have any recommended route from Honda to Central Tokyo (like Tokyo Station)?

Phil, this ride is on Saturday, August 11, correct?

I noticed that your explanation includes the following:

Time: Sunday 17th, rollout 9:15 AM, back 4:30 pm

Just wanted to clarify things. Can't wait!

Deej

Oh Phil...

Phil, this ride is on Saturday, August 11, correct?

I noticed that your explanation includes the following:

Time: Sunday 17th, rollout 9:15 AM, back 4:30 pm

Just wanted to clarify things. Can't wait!

Deej

Fear not, Deej.
It is definitely Saturday the 11th.
I daresay that our friend Phil has gone and caught himself up in a "cut & paste" mishap. It wouldn't surprise me if that date was perhaps... from... 4 years ago :eek:
See you there!

Cheers, Travis. I figured as much, but just wanted to be sure.

I look forward to seeing your snazzy new white shoes in person!

Fear not, Deej.
It is definitely Saturday the 11th.
I daresay that our friend Phil has gone and caught himself up in a "cut & paste" mishap. It wouldn't surprise me if that date was perhaps... from... 4 years ago :eek:
See you there!

Back
Top Bottom