What's new

Backroads Boso II

Phil

Maximum Pace
Sep 1, 2007
(Edited to V2.1)

NEW DATE, NEW ROUTE

Start & Finish: Honda Station (誉田駅), Chiba. South exit.
Date: Wed 29th, 9:15am meet, 9:30am rollout. Should be back to the station by 3pm or 4pm.
Route:
http://www.mapmyride.com/route/jp/chiba/522124073105176062
Mostly familiar back roads on the way south, but a brand new route back to Honda. Slightly more trafficked than our usual roads, but we avoid repeating the same old Lake Takataki <> Honda run. Fairly pacey ride, but a little bit easier in terms of the up-and-down than the normal Boso offering?

Let us know here if you're in, or just show up at the station on the day.

The planets witll have to align...
Planet Hayfever (eclipsed).
Planet weather. (don't look at the weather report).
Planet wife not working.
Planet kids prepared to look after the puppies. (I'm the only one doing that at the moment).

If I'm there, I'll be there (will call either Phil or Dave as I'm on my way)...if not, I'll be still in bed.

Edited the top post to add route map and other details.

Pete > hope you can make it away from the puppies :) If you're driving down there are a couple of pay lots right by the station and on the 128 just off the 20. Or you can park at my place and we can ride to the station (15kms).

Attaching the elevation map:

Phil,
Might join for this one, but the weather forecast looks grim.
I'll let you know tomorrow.

AW.

Im in

Whether or not is decided by the weather as always. I await your decision, cancel, postpone or GO

Hope you can make it Pete.

DT

Cancelled

Well, the weatherman is quite insistent that it will be a dark and stormy Saturday, so we'd best cancel this one. Pete, Alan, thanks for the interest--sorry it didn't work out.

Possibly David and I might try to do the same or similar ride on Monday; I'll post here if we do in case any freeters want to join.

Well, the weatherman is quite insistent that it will be a dark and stormy Saturday, so we'd best cancel this one. Pete, Alan, thanks for the interest--sorry it didn't work out.

Possibly David and I might try to do the same or similar ride on Monday; I'll post here if we do in case any freeters want to join.

I may go for a ride tonight and see how long I can stay out....Will make a rainy Saturday in bed by the puppies worthwhile.

I'm suffering from withdrawal...haven't ridden since Monday. Haven't had a good ride in ages.

Would be nice to get in a Mt. Tsukuba ride or another Boso over Golden Week.

Version 2.1

Okay, try this again? I edited the top post, too, but here are the details:

Start & Finish: Honda Station (誉田駅), Chiba. South exit.
Date: Wed 29th, 9:15am meet, 9:30am rollout. Should be back to the station by 3pm or 4pm.
Route:
http://www.mapmyride.com/route/jp/chiba/522124073105176062
Mostly familiar back roads on the way south, but a new route back to Honda. Slightly more trafficked than our usual roads, but we avoid repeating the same old Lake Takataki <> Honda run. Fairly pacey ride, but a little bit easier in terms of the up-and-down than the normal Boso offering?

Let us know here if you're in, or just show up at the station on the day.

So far I think the roster is

Thomas
Phil

Forgot to mention: Route is about 115km as drawn, but probably a bit more due to all the squiggly roads.

Arara....

Warning: the surgeon general advises to add 20% to all of Phil's calculations. :smoke:

I am very, tottemo, interested in this:).
However, the distance sounds like over 135km at high speed:eek:.
I should think......, probably in:rolleyes:

Naomi

Warning: the surgeon general advises to add 20% to all of Phil's calculations. :smoke:

It's not my fault they make all the roads so bendy down there. Anyway, not a meter over 120km--honest, cross me 'eart and all that... ;)

Naomi, hope you and Alan can make it!

Tomorrow...

Two definites I think, and possibly Naomi, with or without AlanW?

The weather is looking great, sunny, high teens, less windy than the last couple of days. Hmmm, tempted to add a few loops and make this a bit more epic... :)

In any case, see you all (you one?) at Honda St at 9:15.

(Oh, forgot to mention earlier that I won't have my car, so bike bags etc. will have to be carried if coming by train.)

Alan-san and I are in:) So we are now 5!
We will come to the station by train.

See you tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom