Back to the forum, upping my cycling game

aussieinjapan

Fairdale Weekender Drop
Hi all,

I joined the forum back in 2011, but wasn't really active as I was a bit overwhelmed at the amount of riding done here and my urban jaunts paled in comparison.

I've been in Tokyo for just over 8 years, 10 in total in Japan. My cycling, like many kicked off after the 2011 earthquake and I stayed off the subway & train in favour of a 20km commute each way from Nerima to Shinagawa each day on my Trek FX7.5. I put over 15,000km on it and just bought a new bike in June 2016 to take my riding up a notch.

New bike is a Fairdale Weekender Drop with 2015 (electric silver) frame & 2016 parts. In the 6 weeks I've had it I've ridden 1,300km so far and loving getting used to drop bars. I hope to find some new routes, cycling advice and some riding buddies to share some adventures via this forum.

See you out & about in 2 wheels.

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
If this is what you have, it looks nice and sleek indeed. Don't know what you'll be able to achieve speed-wise with 11 at the back and that small ring (42?) in the front though...

TokyoLiving

Maximum Pace
Dec 9, 2015
Welcome back and look forward to seeing you on the road. Lots of rides on TCC and other groups as well.