What's new

Back again and question

malquetzal

Warming-Up
Sep 17, 2010
It has been a while since I visited this site, but now I am back...it is a great site.

I have been in Japan almost three years and every chance I get I do a loop from my home in Kichijoji to Tomin no Mori over the toge down to Okutamako and then home along the Tamagawa...but I must say I'm reaching an age where every time it gets a little harder.

Question: this weekend I am going to a friend's bessou in Kawaguchiko and would like to ride home to Kichijoji. Does anyone have a good route to recommend?

Many thanks.

South to Yamanakako and down 413 Doushi Michi will get you near where you want to go.
Or from Kawaguchiko take 137 up to Misaka Tunnel (the old, short one, not the new, long one), hook up with 411 and climb up to Okutamako then follow your normal route home. Warning - This is much tougher!

139 to otsuki and then 20 back through takao will look like the simplest way, - and is pretty much all down hill- but unless you are going in the middle of the night, it's stupid crowded with cars and not recommended.

Back
Top Bottom