What's new

Azami Line in December ???

Malte

Maximum Pace
Sep 26, 2011
Hi guys,

last ride this year I wanted to some special climbing and I thought about Fuji-san e.g. Azami Line :confused:, which I never did.
What is the weather to expect? I just searched and found that at 1900m it will be -4C, which is maybe little bit cold :cool: but I first wounder if the road is closed or opened in December?

Anybody tried?

Thanks,
Malte

I think you can expect mainly ice and snow. And, if the road is open, 4x4s.

Hmm, guessed that when I saw the temperature, unfortunate many toges will be ~0C on Sunday ... maybe i should do something more flat :rolleyes:

Since I've got my CX AND my Ti ready for Toge Tromping with studded tires, I'm game for anything! Ludwig? Any suggestions for selected Rindo romps avoiding too much stud-wearing pave?

Unfortunately I will continue to be out of action for the foreseeable future.

I passed by Fuji-san on the shinkansen this afternoon. Looks very nice with the white cover. There is definitely quite some snow at the 5th station, and I would think the Azami line in particular (due to its steepness) is closed.

If you want to try out what it is like riding through snow in December and don't want to go too far away, how about riding up Odarumi Toge? Once you are at the dam lake at 1,600m (which should still be snow free), the road further up is not so steep and maybe quite fun to try out with snow and ice in places. I would also think it is closed to traffic so you will have some peace.

Ludwig, I think some easy paced technical CX would be in order, no? Followed by periodic schnapps and perhaps onsen?

Back
Top Bottom