Australian on line

Perfuro Martin

Vendor
Vendor
Mar 10, 2020
Gold Coast Australia
perfurogear.com
Hello, I am Martin and writing from the Gold Coast in Australia. I hope all you guys and girls are holding up well. I spent 10 years in Japan living in Tokyo (Azabu Juban) and Yokohama (Motomachi Chukagai and Minato Mirai). I am back in Australia for a few years but like to return each year to see family in Niigata. When I am back I do like to ride and there is a shop in Yokohama that I can get a bike but, really, I would like to bring my own.
The view is that as the kids are nearly grown and at their last stages of schooling we can and will split our time between Japan and Australia, and so I would like to get to know a community there. One ride I have done was from Yokohama, past the Naval yard, Miura (right down to the park at the end), Zushi, Kama Kura and back to Yokohama. It was beautiful, with great scenery, a little harassment from cars, but I have had worse, and some great beers after.
I am involved in construction but now I am the owner of cycling clothing brand Perfuro Gear - feel free to check it out online, Instagram, Facebook etc. If you have any questions just send me a message.
Having said that, that is the extent of self-promotion, my intention is to get to know you guys so we can do some riding when I am in town and also maybe show you some videos and photos of where I ride.

Attachments

andywood

Maximum Pace
Apr 8, 2008
Niigata
Whereabouts in Niigata?

This is my Niigata based training blog:

Cheers, Andy

Reactions: Kangaeroo

bloaker

Sincerely A Dick
Nov 14, 2011
Miura, Japan
I used to live in Chinatown and the Miura Loop was 1 of my 3 routes I did regularly.
The other two were a flat land ride to Odawara and throwing in a climb and hitting Yabitsu and back.
I rarely would go north - too many street lights.

Perfuro Martin

Vendor
Vendor
Mar 10, 2020
Gold Coast Australia
perfurogear.com
Whereabouts in Niigata?

This is my Niigata based training blog:

Cheers, Andy
Hi Andy, My wife's family lives in Uchino so I was doing the seaside route a bit. I was borrowing a MTB of a friend that lives there. It is a great ride along the coastline there - Martin

Reactions: andywood

Perfuro Martin

Vendor
Vendor
Mar 10, 2020
Gold Coast Australia
perfurogear.com
I used to live in Chinatown and the Miura Loop was 1 of my 3 routes I did regularly.
The other two were a flat land ride to Odawara and throwing in a climb and hitting Yabitsu and back.
I rarely would go north - too many street lights.
Hi Bloaker, Yes the Odawara ride along the coast looks like a steady paced ride. It was tempting on the day but turned right through Kama Kura. It was HOT and we had done a few kms by that stage. I like to get out along there early morning one day. What is the prevailing wind there?

Martin

andywood

Maximum Pace
Apr 8, 2008
Niigata
Hi Andy, My wife's family lives in Uchino so I was doing the seaside route a bit. I was borrowing a MTB of a friend that lives there. It is a great ride along the coastline there - Martin
Do you remember the lighthouse at Kakuda?

DSC_0791.JPG

Well there is now an off road network of trails as you drop down from the cape called the Kakuda trail.

images (10).jpeg

Free to ride and you can enjoy the trails on the mountain bike.

IMG_20200315_094306.jpg

The skylines over Mt. Yahiko and Goka Pass over Mt. Kakuda are also within striking distance and well worth checking out.

images (11).jpeg

images (12).jpeg

Enjoy! Andy

Andy