What's new

Aussie now in Tokyo

antthom

Warming-Up
May 22, 2012
Hi All,

I've recently moved to Tokyo (well about 7 months ago) and now that summer is here i'm keen to get back into some serious bike training. I've been competing on the Australian half ironman circuit for years, however took the past year off from serious training in order to focus on work, let the body rest and other things.

My general fitness is good (lots of running and a bit of riding), however I i'm keen to meet up with others to do some long rides and triathlon training.

I've have read about Oifuto as a good spot for fast training rides either on my own or with a bunch. It would be great to meet some like mined people to training with. I'm located in Suginami-ku.

Look forward to meeting some new people.

Anthony

Hey Anthony

Sounds good. I'm in the yoyogi area, pass through suginami on the way out to the hills. I spent the winter trail running and have been back on the bike for a few months now. If you have time on a Sunday lets go climb something on wheel or legs or both.

Jules

Nice to meet you! I'm also in yoyogi and during the weekday early mornings I head out to the palace for a few high pace laps. Oifuto is also a favorite of mine as well. I don't do triathlons but I use both places for criterium training. Hope to go riding with you sometime.

Hi Eric & Jules,

Thank you for the nice replies i look forward to getting some training done together soon.

Hoping you can assist me. I've just got my back from Australia and would like to get a service before any major rides. Can you recommend some bike stores that are good value around Suginami, Shinjuku or Shibuya?

My japanese is very elementary at this stage so if you know of any stores that have guys know a little english that would be helpful. Otherwise servicing a bike is quite universal so can point things out. Also, for a intermedia service i think i'm looking at about 20,000 Yen. Would that be right?

Anthony

Hey Mate,

Welcome, Me and a few others have a regular morning training run on Arakawa. Probably a bit far for you. I often straight into Shinjuku area.

There is a post and map for it in the rides forum.

Hope you can join us sometime. It will be nice to have another Anthony from Australia on the ride. Ha ha ha:cool:

Anthony

Blobby; I am pretty much off work until the middle of September now, so will be hitting the Arakawa sessions with you starting from next week, if that is cool.

What time are you lads arriving there recently?

Yeah I've just discovered the Specialized store and the one across the road this week. Have a Specialized bike so they should know what to do. Thanks for your help. Hope to be riding with you at some point soon.
Anthony

Yeah I've just discovered the Specialized store and the one across the road this week. Have a Specialized bike so they should know what to do. Thanks for your help. Hope to be riding with you at some point soon.
Anthony

I've had a bad few experiences with the specialized guys, I don't want to trash them online so if you want details then you can PM me.

I have a Specialized bike and wheel set, after this experience I've put that store into the book of 'I'll never spend another cent here'.

My recommendation is this, if you take your beloved to them then you better make the communication very clear, in Japanese or English.

My other recommendation, go find a good mechanic (there are a few on TCC and I can personally recommend Tim for any wheel related anything)

Back
Top Bottom