What's new

Assos Vs Rapha

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Obviously I now need a new black and white bib. So I headed into Nalsima and then The Rapha hipster dungeon to try on a few bibs.

I must say the assos bibs felt really nice, But unfortunately I seem in between sizes, the Ms are very close to being too tight across the shoulders, especially when standing, and the Ls felt a bit loose after trying on the M...

Any of you Rapha goons had any experience with Assos you might like to share...

I am really leaning towards the Equipe S7 It would be an expensive mistake if the pad didn't suit....

Any comments from the congregation?

What's the returns policy like for ASSOS? Rapha stand by their products and if it doesn't suit you, sir, you get your dosh back. 30 day use it as you wish....not entirely sure if that is for the entire line up of bibs...Praise The Lord.

@Musashi13 that 30 days no quibble returns policy only applies to the classics range. I don't know of any other brand that you can wear then return for a full refund if they don't suit you. Amen

@theBlob to make your decision easier, check out each company's catalogue and see what kind of rider you want to become. I've seen a few dodgy pictures of you on the internet that resemble the scantily clad Assos male model so I'd go with those if I were you.

So, you could try the Classics and, whether they work for you or not, bring them back and buy the Pro...or not.

His wisdom is the light.

Obviously I know sweet FA about ASSOS. Why is this even a discussion?

I have a pair of ASSOS shorts. I believe I have mille or something like that. I really like the pad. It's my favorite pair of shorts right now.

Bibs will pull a little on your shoulders when you stand up. In the business position though they should end up perfect. You are probably not in-between sizes but rather you need position yourself more like you would be on the bike. To me it sounds like the L is too big for you. How tall are you? I'm 185 and I've got an L.

The Rapha stuff sounds good also. It saves you 20 lashes when you stretch and also makes you 40% more flexible. But what do I know, all I have is arm warmers in a season where its still too hot to put them on.

Bought the equipe when they came out and have been wearing them for almost all my rides since. The fit is difficult to describe, they are tight and loose in the right places, just perfect. I think you know what I mean when you try them on.

The panels are cut in such a way that you don't feel the seams even after sweating for long hours (for some reason riding in Singapore makes you sensitive to chafing).

Ha ha ha! really? Then i guess, your next move is to get all tatted up and grow a long beard, and remain in a state of perpetual listlessness...

You obviously too into real cycling to ever appear in a Rapha catalogue.

In all seriousness though the Rapha shop did feel more like a shop focussing on fashion rather than cycling. Or lifestyle rather than sport maybe?

@theBlob to make your decision easier, check out each company's catalogue and see what kind of rider you want to become. I've seen a few dodgy pictures of you on the internet that resemble the scantily clad Assos male model so I'd go with those if I were you.

Interesting, Im 187cm, I was trying on the L and M in a few different models. The M was close but over the shoulders it was a little tight.
I think I have decided on the equipe Assos. try it out see how it goes. My initial impressions were kind of what Max described so it is good to hear that translates into the riding experience....

I have a pair of ASSOS shorts. I believe I have mille or something like that. I really like the pad. It's my favorite pair of shorts right now.

Bibs will pull a little on your shoulders when you stand up. In the business position though they should end up perfect. You are probably not in-between sizes but rather you need position yourself more like you would be on the bike. To me it sounds like the L is too big for you. How tall are you? I'm 185 and I've got an L.

The Rapha stuff sounds good also. It saves you 20 lashes when you stretch and also makes you 40% more flexible. But what do I know, all I have is arm warmers in a season where its still too hot to put them on.

Back
Top Bottom