What's new

Ashigara yama no Kintaro

Pucci

Speeding Up
Jul 12, 2006
Ashigara Yama no Kintaro - December, 19

I am planning a ride in Ashigara next Sunday. This is a re-run of a ride I posted some years ago. Below is the original post, edited for new time and date.

Any takers? :bike:

How about some mountains in my backyard for a change?

Sunday 12/19 I am planning a ride from Shin-Matsuda to the Ashigara Mountains. Course is only about 75kms, but is pure climbing. Shin-Matsuda – Daiyuzan – Myojin Forest Road – Kintoki Tunnel (old Ashigara Pass) – Sengokuhara, - Minami-Ashigara Forest Road – Kuno Forest Road - Myojin Forest Road -Daiyuzan – Shin Matsuda.

Much of the climb is on gated forest roads with no cars. This is one of my favorite rides; short but hard, with two hellish and utterly gratuitous 3km dead-end climbs that can be thrown in for the hillbillies.

The route is not straightforward at all; there are about 20 junctions where it is possible to go the wrong way. I'd like to keep the ride (if anyone else wants to go) to riders of similar abilities who can ride as a unit and not have to constantly stop to re-group.

Meet at Shin Matsuda Station on the Odakyu Odawara Line (5 minutes walk from Matsuda Station on the JR Gotemba Line) at 10:04. Roll by 10:20 or so.

Any takers? I have posted the profile here:

[url=https://tokyocycle.com/gallery/unofficial-tours/p1181-ashigara-profile.html][/URL]

Aaron

I could be up for this - looks like about 2.5hr ride out (from Tokyo) to the start. 246 is nasty in the mornings though - so much foul air and traffic... The hills look fun, must say.

I am planning a ride in Ashigara next Sunday. This is a re-run of a ride I posted some years ago. Below is the original post, edited for new time and date.

Any takers? :bike:

How about some mountains in my backyard for a change?

Sunday 12/19 I am planning a ride from Shin-Matsuda to the Ashigara Mountains. Course is only about 75kms, but is pure climbing. Shin-Matsuda – Daiyuzan – Myojin Forest Road – Kintoki Tunnel (old Ashigara Pass) – Sengokuhara, - Minami-Ashigara Forest Road – Kuno Forest Road - Myojin Forest Road -Daiyuzan – Shin Matsuda.

Much of the climb is on gated forest roads with no cars. This is one of my favorite rides; short but hard, with two hellish and utterly gratuitous 3km dead-end climbs that can be thrown in for the hillbillies.

The route is not straightforward at all; there are about 20 junctions where it is possible to go the wrong way. I'd like to keep the ride (if anyone else wants to go) to riders of similar abilities who can ride as a unit and not have to constantly stop to re-group.

Meet at Shin Matsuda Station on the Odakyu Odawara Line (5 minutes walk from Matsuda Station on the JR Gotemba Line) at 10:04. Roll by 10:20 or so.

Any takers? I have posted the profile here:

[url=https://tokyocycle.com/gallery/unofficial-tours/p1181-ashigara-profile.html][/URL]

Aaron

Quite Interested

Got a new Rinko bag for my birthday that I want to try out. Seems like one shot from Shimo-kitazawa to Shin Matsuda.

I will confirm on Saturday afternoon.

Nice!

Looks like a great ride. I often ride the Myojin to Kintoki tunnel and then head home to Gotemba. What's the pace going to be like?

I'm a definite maybe but can confirm by Saturday, need to make a slight schedule re-arrangement.:bike:

steve

Looks like a great ride. I often ride the Myojin to Kintoki tunnel and then head home to Gotemba. What's the pace going to be like?

I'm a definite maybe but can confirm by Saturday, need to make a slight schedule re-arrangement.:bike:

steve

Medium fast. No-one left behind. I'm coming off of two years of injuries and trying to get back into the flow, so no records broken.

Aaron

Kintoki, Kintaro

Unfortunately will not be able to make this one, such a great route too:(
I'll probably be on some of those roads tomorrow, though...

Good luck with it:bike:

I'd like to join but I'm a half-fast climber and wouldn't want to hold y'all up.

Do you have a MapMyRide plot of the proposed route? Then I could have it on my GPS and be in no danger of getting lost even if dropped.

Sorry, I haven't plotted the route, but barring utter confusion, no-one gets left behind. It's simple enough to wait at the top of each climb.

Cancelled

No confirmations yet, so I guess I'll scrub this and try again when the weather gets warmer.

If anyone is desperate to go, let me know...

Sorry for the late reply

Hey Aaron,

I got held up this evening and could not send the confirmation earlier. I was planning to go.

If you still want to give it a shot, even though the forecast is for a high of 10C, leave a note. I will check this thread at 7am. If there is no activity by then, I will go back to sleep and plan on doing an alternate ride later in the day.

Doug

Hi Aaron - Doug ... 'ditto'. I'll check at 7am. Since I'm in Shinjuku area - can jump on the Odakyu pretty easy. Otherwise - I'm considering going down to Oifuto to hammer out some laps.

OK, I am going back to my nice warm futon:eek:zzzzzzz

Will look forward to this ride when it is a little bit warmer.:D

Brrrr - oh well - got my kit in front of the heater - will go spin some laps somewhere...

I will definitely post this again when it warms up. For today, an hour on the rollers will do it.

Back
Top Bottom