What's new

Arima touge 2014

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Anyone been up there yet this year? Like --- @Sibreen Any word on the road closure from the landslide and general road state?

It is one of my favs and I'm keen to get back there soon.

I know Chirag (@Nizhniynovgorod) was up there a couple of weeks back and that the Chichibu side was closed. He said he saw a couple of punctures on the way down, but the road surface has always been crap. Perhaps he'll comment on this thread.
I was up at the lake last night and the diversions for the landslide roadworks were still in place. Not sure whether that means that side of the lake is impassable or not.

I've hardly ridden at all this year but hope to have been up Arima before the month's out.

Morning! Yes, I was there two weeks ago. Hanno side (i.e. side from the lake) is open. I had to take a small diversion to go around the lake, then rejoin the road to the summit (road is also open to cars). From the summit, I had to return the way I came as the Chichibu side was "closed" and I didn't want to chance it. There were many riders going up and down from Hanno, but I saw nobody who coming from/going to Chichibu side.
As for the surface - lots of rocks and I saw a few people with punctures. Thankfully though, I was OK (using Gatorskins).

I see what everyone is saying about scary japan tunnels. One measly strip of lights in the middle...

Went to Arima Toge today (quite unplanned):
1. The road on the north side of the dam/lake is still blocked off for repairs.
2. The road from the peak down to Chichibu Sakura-ko is still blocked off near the top.
3. Road surface is pretty sketchy in places - lots of stones, rocks, branches - but nothing unusually bad for Arima.

Will head there tomorrow. Leaving Tokyo very early - Tamagawara Bashi around 05:30, Ome around 07:15, then Arima after that. PM if anyone interested in joining.

Will head there tomorrow. Leaving Tokyo very early - Tamagawara Bashi around 05:30, Ome around 07:15, then Arima after that. PM if anyone interested in joining.
Ah, crap. Might be a little early for me..
What time do you expect to be at the Dam?
What time do you expect to start the climb?

Now at 7-11 on Nariki Kaido just after crossing tracks from Ome. I expect it'll be just before 8:30 before I reach the Dam.

Back
Top Bottom