What's new

Ride Arima Toge

stu_kawagoe

Maximum Pace
Jun 23, 2018
I plan to ride up Arima Toge (about 1000m of elevation) this Sunday. I can meet at Ome Station around 7.30-8.00 if there's interest. Otherwise I'll just make my own way there from my house. I'll ride so long as it's not typhoon like conditions. Total distance out and back from Ome is 60km but a longer ride and more elevation is easily done.

PM or reply to the thread if you want to join.

@sean-e

I am, mate. I went for a ride on the Green Line this morning and it was grubby and a bit green on some of the descents but it was okay. I don't imagine Arima Toge will be any worse, though I haven't ridden up to the top before. I'm still happy to meet around 8 at Ome station if that's good for you.

I'm not a big planner, but if you've got some kind of route you want to do, that's fine by me. Otherwise, we can just take it as it comes.

Hope to see you Sunday!

Awesome, I should be able to get to Ome station around 7:45, not very familiar with this part of town so I will follow your lead :) See you then!

Was great to meet @stu_kawagoe ! Tough conditions out in the mountains with a river o' rain this morning.

A deer, perhaps a spirit of the forest, kept us company for a few hundred meters sprinting up the road, then turning around to see if we were still following.

IMG_0488.JPG
Almost like it was trying to tell us something...
IMG_0489.JPG

Alas, what the deer was trying to tell us was we'd missed the turn and climbed 300m up the wrong rindo. But at least there was a 'GOAL' sign at the top for some reason.

IMG_0492.JPG
The correct climb was located, and the rain let up just a bit on the return trip for a view
IMG_0494.JPG

Last edited:
@sean-e

Cheers for those pictures, mate. That deer really was something else!

Definitely looking forward to catching up with you and other TCC members in a ride sometime soon (minus biblical rains hopefully:D).

Back
Top Bottom