Arakawa/Edogawa Rambles

Siddall

Warming-Up
Jan 12, 2011
n/a
I would love to have enough interest to start a 'social group' on this board for rides on the east side, 50-150km, at a 25km pace, where nobody knows how to use a heart rate monitor. Racers will be bored.

I am looking to have a regular weekend ride on the east side of the city, and some periodic rides further afield. This would definitely definitely not be a racing group, nor extremely slow. Something like the Half-Fast group, but based on the Arakawa and Edogawa cycling roads, and not out of central Tokyo (http://halffastcycling.com/mission.html). Much as I'd love to join them, I don't have the initiative to get into and out of the city for a ride.

I live at Kameari station on the Joban/Chiyoda line. Depending on the river route we could meet near Kita-Senju or Kanamachi stations.

Please fire me a message if you are interested.

Siddall

Warming-Up
Jan 12, 2011
n/a
Much appreciated, but I got to ride with a couple of those guys last week. Very nice people, but I am not at their pace yet. Don't want to be an anchor.

Lead it and they will come... (in my experience. Especially with more than 24hr notice)

Also, you can organize with/for half-fast and dictate your starting place of choice.

Im interested in joining you one day but I think I lose at least one cyclist life everytime I ride kanpachi to sesame dori to the arakawa. :eek:uch:

My advice-- as someone who is also just starting to lead rides but also afraid I'll be the slowest-- commit to a day and time, be as honest as possible about the speed, post it, see who shows up. :bike:

Good luck!

Sep 2, 2009
OK mate, well I enjoy cruising around on my bike as well as pacelining it, so set something up and I will tag along at a chilled pace.

Let me know if you need any help

Siddall

Warming-Up
Jan 12, 2011
n/a
keeping it open

Thanks for the replies. I'll keep this invitation wide open for people who want to cruise on the Arakawa and Edogawa, not pace or train.