Arakawa construction

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Asakadai, Saitama
I went for a short blast down the Arakawa this morning and can confirm the most northerly (upstream) construction has finished. The next area of construction has also finished (near K's denki) but another part of the construction a few Km's downstream of that area is still closed. I'm guessing it won't be long before it is open again, giving an uninterrupted ride all the way down to the coast.

Musashi13

Maximum Pace
Aug 27, 2012
Ichikawa, Chiba
Arakawa Hinode Ryokuchi Park has construction but further south is unknown to me recently. At the keisei main line I use the other side to go north and cross back over at Kannanadori.

trad

Maximum Pace
Dec 4, 2006
Tokyo
thanks for the update... somewhat related... any one else notice that the 20kph speed limit signs being removed? I noticed that most of the speed limit signs painted on the pavement were scraped off. Also don't recall seeing any more speed limit signs (on posts). having construction finished and having the silly speed limits removed sure would be nice..

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Japan
thanks for the update... somewhat related... any one else notice that the 20kph speed limit signs being removed? I noticed that most of the speed limit signs painted on the pavement were scraped off. Also don't recall seeing any more speed limit signs (on posts). having construction finished and having the silly speed limits removed sure would be nice..
I would think the panel to approve the replacement signs and the budget meetings to allocate funding are still in full swing, there will be a replacement sign committee chairman chosen along with his vice chairman and the 5 person advisory committee and their stipends to be decided and lastly the committees to go out and publicize the "new" speed guidelines in their matching windbreakers ,(another meeting) and the menu for the lunchboxes (short meeting) for the volunteers all still need to be decided. After that a few more meetings to check out the minutes of the meetings and to draft up public notices announcing the committee's findings so expect to see a gang of volunteers and new signage out in force after Golden Week but before the rainy season.

Musashi13

Maximum Pace
Aug 27, 2012
Ichikawa, Chiba
They have some new rumble strips in thick yellow paint. An old fellow was debating their usefulness with one of the uniformed minders, as I careered past he pointed at me and said "Look, they make no difference". At least I think that's what they were talking about, sound is hard to hear when you're travelling faster than it.