What's new

Ride April 25 Kazahari-rindo

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
This is an open invitations to all フリーター and those who plan on joining the Fuji HC this year.

Serguei and I are going to meet on Monday, April 25 at 0900 at Koremasa Bridge (Tokyo side) in order to tackle Kazahari rindo. From the summit we shall descend to Musashi-itsukaichi (R33), stop at the bakery to regenerate and head back home along the Tamagawa.

フリーター and non-フリーター are welcome! :)

Well, I guess I gotta join this one! My goal is really the Mt. Iwaki HC - but Azami and Kazuhari is best preparation!

I'm in!

I have Monday off, and I haven't been in the hills for a while, so I guess it's time to let the suffering begin. :) Thomas and Serguei, I haven't ridden with you guys for ages! (That's what having three kids will do.) And Tim, I look forward to finally meeting you.

Deej

Grrr - I have a board meeting rescheduled to 1300 .... I probably have to pass on this one..

Great ride this morning! Deej, it was nice to meet you in a long while - you should join us for a beer next time, it really hit the spot on such a warm day, after such a hard ride! :beer2:

Thomas, Deej, hope to see you again soon (after some intensive recovery). Next time, Tim!

Great ride yesterday, gentlemen! My legs were pretty toasted. Deej, it was good seeing you after such a long time! :)

For reasons unbeknownst to me my GoPro shut down after just four minutes of recording. Here is my *experimental* video: better camera angle, but a bit shaky.

[yt]0aaBZ66GPWw[/yt]

Serguei and Thomas -- Thank you for a fantastic day in the hills! It was great to ride with my old cycling buddies after so long, and to relive the suffering that always marks our rides.

We really pushed the tempo at times, and my legs are sure feeling it today. I'm wearing my compression tights under my pants in the office today to ease the ache.

It's been over a year since I've tackled Kazahari, but somehow I managed to PB it, which was a pleasant surprise.

Thanks for the video, Thomas. Sorry it didn't work out perfectly. Next time! I'll post the summit pics tonight after work.

Deej

Nice video Thomas! So who was first over the summit? That's what really counts after all:p

So who was first over the summit?

If you look in the gallery, you'll note that I snapped photos of Thomas and Serguei as they reached the summit. In other words, they were Deejinated. :p

Which reminds me, I haven't had a chance to Deejinate you for a while. :cool: Maybe we can hook up for a ride during golden week.

Deej

p.s. As I noted in an earlier comment, Serguei had been riding hard in the mountains the previous day, so the outcome may have been different had he been riding with fresh legs. But I doubt it ... :p

Serguei had been riding hard in the mountains the previous day, so the outcome may have been different had he been riding with fresh legs. But I doubt it ... :p

Sorry not to answer your expectations, Deej - next time I'll try to be more prepared for the climb. My legs felt really heavy that day esp. going up the hills. I have just came back from Onekan and they still felt quite loaded with lactic acid - didn't expect this effect to last so long :warau:

Sorry not to answer your expectations, Deej - next time I'll try to be more prepared for the climb.

Serguei -- I hope you know that I'm just talking smack. Mike always brings that out in me. :)

As for your performance, you were driving hard and showed your usual guts all day. (I still have the image of you chasing down the cheeky fellow with the deep section rims.) It's amazing that you were able to be so strong the day after hard riding in the mountains. I know I couldn't have done that.

I can imagine how your legs must feel, because I felt hungover the day after our ride.

But yeah, it will be fun to go head to head when we both have fresh legs. Of course, it's not a race... ;)

Deej

But yeah, it will be fun to go head to head when we both have fresh legs. Of course, it's not a race... ;)

Deej

FFS are you two the Schleck brothers? Swapping spit in the showers?

IT'S ALWAYS A RACE!

FFS are you two the Schleck brothers? Swapping spit in the showers?

IT'S ALWAYS A RACE!

Please, James, you're talking to Ironsword here. My modesty is as false as my quads are massive. The winking smiley face was meant to indicate irony, to charge my words with extra meaning. And it sounds like Black Thunder and I may have to hunt you down and show you how climbing is really done.

But to answer your question, yes, Serguei and I are gay lover brothers.

5669445788_e03cd67fa8.jpg

Please, James, you're talking to Ironsword here. My modesty is as false as my quads are massive.

LOL!!!:D

I haseth a new steed sir and I will gladly meet you upon the field and do battle!

Congratulations on the PB, that's awesome man!
We love you Ironsword ;)

Back
Top Bottom