What's new

Ride April 22 Tokigawa Hills

tigerkamen

Maximum Pace
Jan 6, 2012
Another HFC ride led by yours truly + another HFC buddy this Saturday. I've already sent this to HFC mailing list, should be annouced sometime later this week.

Meetup: 7:30 am at the spaceship.

The Ride: We'll be mostly riding up the Arakawa for around 60 kms, tackling the small Monomiyama (WATT) climb along the way. After that will be a lot of quiet country roads leading up to the base of the Tokigawa hills. The second order of the day is a minor climb up Raiden (WATT). This one should be a bit longer than Monomiyama, but nothing too intimidating. Then from here we'll make our way the day's main climb while looking for a place to refill our bottles before heading to the day's big climb Takashino Toge (WATT). It is our first time riding the next areas so a bit of exploration will be had. We'll look for lunch at the other side of the slope by Hannah again, or near any of the stations we pass by. Then we head back up north to Maze Toge (WATT) for the final climb of the day before heading back to Ogawamachi. (I'm expecting to finish around 330pm~430pm)
The Tokigawa hills is a goldmine of climbs waiting to be explored!

Route:
Other Reminders: Intermediate ride. Pace will be moderate. We just want to stretch the legs, get some good kms and climbing in. 26kmh++(usually 32-33kmh if only the regulars show up) on the flats, taking turns on the front welcome. Climb at your own pace.
Convenience store stops at around km 40, water stop before Raiden. We'll look for a place to rest before each of the day's last 2 climbs. Bailout points are after Raiden and anywhere after Takahsino.

+ all the usual things: helmet, practice with your bike bag, bring some food and enough water, spares, and enough money(Ogawamachi to Ikebukuro Is roughly in the range of 1000 yen). Don't forget blinkers/lights for when back in the city.

Last edited:
Most probably will join you guys this time! Have to be back early, so either bailing out after Monomiyama for a train from Sakado or after Raiden to go straight to Ogawamachi. I'll confirm for sure late Fri night

I may be there. Want to stretch my legs on the fixie, so this gives me a reason to get up. Will turn around fairly soon after the spaceship. Don't wait for me if I'm late.

I'm there at 7:30 @spaceship. Most probably unable to do the whole thing and bailing out after Raiden. Leaden legs from squatting yesterday - don't know if I'll be able to keep up on the flats (it's gonna be headwind)...

Back
Top Bottom