What's new

Today April 2018

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
I climbed a mountain today... April fools, wasn't cycling though! ;)

But let's kick off April and much more riding in this more hospitable season, at least until the rains start...

29695383_2075223002494759_3485372715599576781_n.jpg

I drove my pregnant wife and daughter to a cookout on the other side of our neighborhood, then drove home and got my bike and rode over...
Then I rode back home to get something my wife forgot, then back to the cookout.
Then I rode back home to get something my wife forgot, then back to the cookout.
Then I rode home and my neighbor drove my wife and kid home.

I should have had a gps on....

My commuter is getting more and more domesticated....
Today's setup for commuting.

N7Vv95_Cu7jpzlRZJuZSM79jbHR73_fFjL2WXZL2MfNqdLp9_OE0ga4fMD5BydfI5LJ1vnVOggBX7vv2QKyD6ic2H_Myhf3ESAqAlWJ3beobk3GnqyByu8VpwobJGUH_A693cJ8URDaVWLdFPCAbB1C5qCxvB3LRWGXlYY61veoSQ5NhUebAMyHQwaE3r_jyWJjI-nxkGFYRehQc1pmresMR9wqIGlTx89MK9L1ZutA693haNkQAzSuw0uJW1XuWt8tqPOpd5cI8e1Fr3jWFCIwrvHSw_SLR_gWVhKA9cCHhug91K3WiObC2m8rhF7Bl7lKgnFDWcJ5mGSoD63Ie5Xb1EMOUpGlZBFkgnaY4CAtlszrG4krUmc9uyV7oyAvCHExbShEeld5HAe9fU6TKLKqNUGCSmTCDbkm4lwMDNSBmJcixICFZ4iwZ5Dz0xeQKh8Ht9jaINA2zCuUS6PaSHY4-Rc98wIz_PHuqiHxW62LwUFUYOG0fTJNqC64gK_nyI6GIIL19b5yKy6BVN9EhcPX_G8aSyiQ-0CiVU1iBleos-ehosEQF_k1MGDO_iwRb0zcN9HHu0ewtp2kYDWinc6i9lOoP0TooQsWQi60=w1079-h608-no

Snuck in an hour of trails prior to work a couple days ago.
Hit a shower and swapped bikes and headed into work.
I was still the first one at the office, but was in a better mood than normal. I probably need to do this more.

29598004_10156170227587808_8458432982579510972_n.jpg

New chain and sprocket day. Went down on tooth to 11/27 to make the most of my last year of low cadence power training.
Got 21000km out of my last sprocket and it was still going well. So no complaints.

Oh yeah and a new Ducati too, doing my best to help out the flailing Italian economy.
464C8B1C-A459-447A-8B23-F52EBDC36CA2.jpeg

Monster 1200? Nice wheels, stay safe, those things can bite if given their head.

from this morning commute: girl on a bianchi road bike, flat pedals, jeans and phone in the rear pocket. just documenting it for the "posterity"

30689329_2087235741293485_7555996433250254848_o.jpg

from this morning commute: girl on a bianchi road bike, flat pedals, jeans and phone in the rear pocket. just documenting it for the "posterity"

30689329_2087235741293485_7555996433250254848_o.jpg

Not sure what the goal of that post was.

Are you commenting on:

a) A female being on a road bike, generally?
b) Her choice of clothing and pedals?
c) Her having a phone in her back pocket while riding?
d) Her bottom?

Not to be 'that guy', but I hope it isn't d). I'd really hope this forum is more inclusive than that.

Last edited:
Not sure what the goal of that post was.
The worst faux-pas is the phone of course. It's bound to either fall out or be squashed against the seat sooner or later. b) just adds that extra bit to it. Never thought about a) or d) really (if you wanna dissect my intentions).

So commutered this morning as normal... and got a love tap from a front bumper of a car with a driver more interested in his phone than driving. Good news, the bumper grazed my leg, but I was pinched against the curb with nowhere to go... luckily "What the fuck" is understood in all languages when said loudly... the car immediately swerved away and I was unharmed, just pissed a little.

Further up the road, he passed me and gave me the entire lane as he went around. I took that as the ultimate "I'm Sorry" and I just went about my commute.

So commutered this morning as normal... and got a love tap from a front bumper of a car with a driver more interested in his phone than driving. Good news, the bumper grazed my leg, but I was pinched against the curb with nowhere to go... luckily "What the fuck" is understood in all languages when said loudly... the car immediately swerved away and I was unharmed, just pissed a little.

Further up the road, he passed me and gave me the entire lane as he went around. I took that as the ultimate "I'm Sorry" and I just went about my commute.
People these days are always on their damn phones whilst driving. Drives me crazy. Glad you were ok.

The worst faux-pas is the phone of course. It's bound to either fall out or be squashed against the seat sooner or later. b) just adds that extra bit to it. Never thought about a) or d) really (if you wanna dissect my intentions).

No worries. Posts don't have to have a point, otherwise a lot of us would have a hard time.

I don't care what your intentions were - it just looked a certain way, so I pointed it out. You say it wasn't that, so all's clear

I see it all the time but I don't think I'll ever get used to people carrying their phones, wallets etc. protruding out of their back pockets. It's gotta drop out, get stolen, sat upon..... But to see it on a road bike was yet another level

Wow! Did you hit something? Both spokes broke at the same time?
Sorry, I thought I had responded already... I smacked the derailleur on a fallen rock in the middle of the trail, it kicked the derailleur into the spokes and pop-pop done.
Hanger was repairable, but pretty twisted. Spokes fixed and wheel trued for 2200yen. And I had the bike back up and running that night.

After damaging the bike, I walked home and grabbed another and headed back out. This is my justification with my wife for multiple bikes... :D

Speaking of my understanding wife who is 9.75 months preggo....

Me: Hey baby, I am thinking about this bike....
WIfe: We can talk about it later
Me: If I can have the bike, you can have the c-section
Wife: hahaha - we can talk about it later
Me: I am serious
Wife: <glares at me>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fast forward a week -
Me: Honey... remember that bike?
Wife: How much?
Me: The frame is $750
Wife: Oh... that's not bad.
Me: <proud of my wife>