What's new

Today April 2017

Forsbrook

Maximum Pace
Feb 13, 2008
Went for a short cherry blossom ride with the gf to ToneUnga... still a few days too early.

But that reminded me of the great 2007 Tour De Pink

Wow 10 years ago... https://www.tokyocycle.com/bbs/threads/tour-de-la-pink-12th-tcc-tour.242/

Some missing in actions from back then.. ( a lot )

Ash
Thomas
Travis
Shay
Ken
Yasuhiro
Trucksan
Pete
BR995
Nobu
Shinobu
Warren
Michel
Cinello
Sarah
pucci
Alan W and girlfriend
Sora
Imai
Triroo and Amy
Edogawakikkoman
Man,some names there.
A real blast from the past.
Shows you how much this site has changed as well.
I don't think many go up the Edo anymore.
I went up today and nearly did an Unga detour but decided not to due to not having cycled much recently.

Last edited:
Went for a short cherry blossom ride with the gf to ToneUnga yesterday ... still a few days too early.

But that reminded me of the great 2007 Tour De Pink

Wow 10 years ago... https://www.tokyocycle.com/bbs/threads/tour-de-la-pink-12th-tcc-tour.242/

Some missing in actions from back then.. ( a lot )

Ash
Thomas
Travis
Shay
Ken
Yasuhiro
Trucksan
Pete
BR995
Nobu
Shinobu
Warren
Michel
Cinello
Sarah
pucci
Alan W and girlfriend
Sora
Imai
Triroo and Amy
Edogawakikkoman

170404_1606~03.jpg
Afternoon coffee break under a cherry tree. Along the rivers there is only a bit of blossom, but on the Shonandaira climb there is a nice canopy developing.

Afternoon coffee break under a cherry tree. Along the rivers there is only a bit of blossom, but on the Shonandaira climb there is a nice canopy developing.
The Cherry Blossoms on my hill are starting to come in. Only a few more days and it will be full bloom and I will have tons of cars lined up through the neighborhood to drive under the canopy. When you live at the top of a hill called "Sakura-yama" - I should have known.

Last edited:
The Cherry Blossoms on my hill are starting to come in. Only a few more days and it will be full bloom and I will have tons of cars lined up through the neighborhood to drive under the canopy. When you like at the top of a hill called "Sakura-yama" - I should have known.

Google searched. I've already pre-booked the truck and angle grinder for next year's 'Fish n'chips, Cider, IPA party'. Sorry I will be a bit busy and can't attend, there's some stuff I have in storage I need to reclaim.

I cheated on my MTBs... :(
I took out the skinny tire bike for the first time this year.
It was just a little over 40km and managed to set 3 PRs (not trying).
I was riding with 1 mtb buddy and 2 newer riders, so the flats were slow and just spinning.
BUT - that had me fresh for the little climbing segments in Miura.
I was quite surprised to see any 'achievements' in strava since I didn't even go after the hills, just kept spinning up them and maintained my flat pace on the climbs.

Anyhow... I think I have my road fix for the next few months... back to dirt!

Back
Top Bottom