What's new

Ride April 15 Tokigawa Hills

tigerkamen

Maximum Pace
Jan 6, 2012
Will lead an HFC ride to Hannah this Saturday. Time to stretch those winter legs!
Pace might be a bit slower than usual.

April 15 Tokigawa Hills and Pizza
Meetup: 7:30 am at the spaceship.

The Ride: We'll be mostly riding up the Arakawa for around 60 kms, tackling the small Monomiyama (WATT) climb along the way. After that will be a lot of quiet country roads leading up to the base of the Tokigawa hills. The second order of the day is a minor climb up Raiden (WATT). This one should be a bit longer than Monomiyama, but nothing too intimidating. A bit of R&R at a nearby Welcia near the bottom of Raiden, then from here we'll make our way the day's main climb, Ura-Sadamine Toge (WATT). It is a moderate climb with nice views and a very short 11% section. I think it'd be a nice place to test out our frozen winter legs. Down the other side of Sadamine to Hannah's for lunch. Finally, one last climb back up Sadamine Toge (WATT) after lunch to head back to catch the train from Ogawamachi. (I'm expecting to finish around 3pm~4pm)
It's gonna be a blast.
Route:

Other Reminders: Intermediate ride. Since this is a season opener, pace will be moderate. We just want to stretch the legs, get some good kms and climbing in. 26kmh++ on the flats, taking turns on the front welcome. Climb at your own pace.

Convenience store stops at around km 40, water stop before Raiden, convenience store stop after, and as needed. Bailout points are after Raiden and after Hannah.
+ all the usual things: helmet, practice with your bike bag, bring some food and enough water, spares, and enough money(Ogawamachi to Ikebukuro Is roughly in the range of 1000 yen). Don't forget blinkers/lights for when back in the city.

Last edited:
Indeed! One can only be in one place at a time so... Tokigawa is inexhaustible gold mine of scenic climbs and my favorite playground so as long as I'm free and there's a ride on I'll definitely come. Not as much time for cycling in 2017 as in 2016 though. It shows already but it can't be helped. One body - one place - one time.

Indeed! One can only be in one place at a time so... Tokigawa is inexhaustible gold mine of scenic climbs and my favorite playground so as long as I'm free and there's a ride on I'll definitely come. Not as much time for cycling in 2017 as in 2016 though. It shows already but it can't be helped. One body - one place - one time.
Yes finally discovered the Tokigawa side as well. Had a great ride with a couple of TCC'ers on Sunday. So many amazing climbs, and views. Looking forward to discovering more routes. Let me know of rides, happy to join on a Sunday. Maybe a Saturday if I play my cards right with the family.

Planning one again for this weekend up takashina and maze with the HFC boys. will probably be on Saturday. sit tight.

Back
Top Bottom