What's new

Aomori to Fukuoka!

onm

Sep 2, 2009
Hey

Today, I went out to get my gears fixed at SEO, and added some distance to the ride totalling a cheeky 100km.

Nearing the end of the ride, sat outside Kasukabe station drinking a well deserved beer, a guy approached me, asking if I was from around the area.

Turns out, he is in the middle of a ride from Aomori to Fukuoka. Lucky meeting!

He is doing the journey on a heavy as hell MTB with knobbly tyres, with pannier frames on the front and back, on flat pedals, in normal clothes, with no helmet!

I took him to dinner and stuff, and he seems really cool.

Now, I am not sure of his route, but if I find out, and it matches anything you guys are doing, would any of you be willing to meet him for part of his ride?

He is into his Karate, and some of the people he trains with are putting him up, but it would be good if he could make more contacts along the way. One for all, and all that!

Well, I will keep you posted about his journey. I told him about this message board too, so he may very well be posting here soon.

I was concerned about his lack of gear, so gave him an old pair of bib tights I had, to make things easier for him, and told him he needs to get a helmet!

Thanks

Owen

Hey

Today, I went out to get my gears fixed at SEO, and added some distance to the ride totalling a cheeky 100km.

Nearing the end of the ride, sat outside Kasukabe station drinking a well deserved beer, a guy approached me, asking if I was from around the area.

Turns out, he is in the middle of a ride from Aomori to Fukuoka. Lucky meeting!

He is doing the journey on a heavy as hell MTB with knobbly tyres, with pannier frames on the front and back, on flat pedals, in normal clothes, with no helmet!

I took him to dinner and stuff, and he seems really cool.

Now, I am not sure of his route, but if I find out, and it matches anything you guys are doing, would any of you be willing to meet him for part of his ride?

He is into his Karate, and some of the people he trains with are putting him up, but it would be good if he could make more contacts along the way. One for all, and all that!

Well, I will keep you posted about his journey. I told him about this message board too, so he may very well be posting here soon.

I was concerned about his lack of gear, so gave him an old pair of bib tights I had, to make things easier for him, and told him he needs to get a helmet!

Thanks

Owen

I take it he intends to make Fukuoka by Sea of Japan coast?

Good on you for helping him out, Owen... No doubt an encounter he'll remember.

Back
Top Bottom