What's new

Aoba-ku 50+ master joined.

Guus

Warming-Up
Sep 19, 2012
Although my racing activities these days are limited to the yearly Mt Fuji Hill Climb, I still enjoy an occasional road ride in the weekends, since my daily commute to work isn't enough to stay in shape.
I'm living in Aoba-ku very close to Machida, so hopefully I'll be able to hook-up with some of you riding on the "west side".
Looking forward to riding with you,
Guus

Welcome to TCC!

I used to live near Aobadai, before moving to Tokyo. You're closer to the hills than most of us! Look for rides posted in "Unofficial Tours & Short Runs", there are some every weekend.

Thanks.

Yes, it only takes me about 30 minutes to cross the Sagamikawa and head up into the hills. I ride a lot around Miyagase-ko to prepare for the Mt Fuji Hill Climb and ride along the Tamakawa for cadance workouts.

Hino area

Welcome,

I believe I am somewhat close to you, or at least in the general vicinity, so If you are looking to do some climbing on the weekends feel free to PM me as I am usually climbing Takoao, near tsuru pass, and up to/through tomin no mori as an average weekend spin.

Yokohama... ah well I am wrong about being close to your area, but the offer stands

Hi all,

I'm a new member too.

I'm in Chuo Rinkan, and could do with some hill practice. Feel free to PM - Saturdays or Sundays are usually good, Saturdays best. Early starts are fine too. I'm not too savvy on the area as I moved here fairly recently.

Phil

Welcome, Phil!

Keep an eye on the "Unofficial Tours & Short Runs" section of the forum, where many rides are posted.

The hills to the west and north west of you are popular for rides from Tokyo.

There's a small river south of you, just a little to the east of route 467 (Fujisawa Highway), that takes you all the way down to Enoshima. There are good bike paths along most of the way, away from traffic. This is great for rides to Kamakura and Miura peninsula.

Welcome, Phil!

Keep an eye on the "Unofficial Tours & Short Runs" section of the forum, where many rides are posted.

The hills to the west and north west of you are popular for rides from Tokyo.

There's a small river south of you, just a little to the east of route 467 (Fujisawa Highway), that takes you all the way down to Enoshima. There are good bike paths along most of the way, away from traffic. This is great for rides to Kamakura and Miura peninsula.

Thanks for that Joe. The Sakai Gawa is one of the few routes I know, and is great. I usually get to Enoshima by going off the river at Fujisawa. I did Miura a couple of weeks back and added some on at the end to complete my first century (miles), which was a milestone for me. :D

I upgraded to IOS 6 and as a result, now live in a desert in the pacific ocean. Help!

Phil

Thanks for that Joe. The Sakai Gawa is one of the few routes I know, and is great. I usually get to Enoshima by going off the river at Fujisawa. I did Miura a couple of weeks back and added some on at the end to complete my first century (miles), which was a milestone for me. :D

I upgraded to IOS 6 and as a result, now live in a desert in the pacific ocean. Help!

Phil
Welcome to TCC!

I live in Sagamihara, in-between Soubudai-Mae and OdaSaga. The Fujisawa route you mentioned is usually my weekend ride.. From Yamato to Fujisawa, then Enoshima, then loop thru Kamakura, and then Ofuna and back to the route in Fujisawa... I like the very short steep climb in Kamakura... I do this usually Saturday early mornings, like 5:30am then back by around 8:30...
Maybe we can ride one of these days...

Back
Top Bottom