What's new

Anyone ride gravel?

that looks absolutely brutal - how much of it was gravel?
Most of the climbing and descending, so maybe 40 to 50%?

For that ride last summer, we were using tarmac roads in the valleys to get between gravel climbs.

But you can use gravel between rice fields if you have time. Today I used those kinds of tracks so it was almost 100% gravel.

Tracks like these:20210420_145406.jpg
20210420_164619.jpg

Cheers, Andy

Will definitely have to go for a ride there at some point - there is some nice gravel in Tokyo if you know where to look but as far as i know nothing on that scale/with that much elevation

If anyone is up for it, it would be fun to do something like this next month

@hat and beard's route

If anyone is interested in a longer ride we could join it up with the gravel on tamagawa like this
Interested!

@hat and beard I guess we could meet on the tamako cycling road and take it from there

@47no @nippolini if you are interested, when would you be free? Maybe 8th/9th of May?

These look great - hope I can get my gravel bike over here some day. Haven't even found anywhere to ride it in Austin yet - just use it as an around-town/kiddo-trailabike-hauler

We did a big gravel ride yesterday.

I did a blog here with photos and videos.

It's simple Japanese that should autotranslate to English.

Cheers, Andy

Looks like good fun, definitely going to have to rinko up there later this year!

Another gravel ride report here for anyone interested.

Autotranslates okayish.

Rain today but will be back out in the thick of it on Friday and Saturday.

Cheers, Andy

Great video!

and you're right, I found 100k off road really feels a lot harder than 100k on road

Thanks. We checked out the Rapha Prestige course today.

Some photos here.

He makes good videos and should make one from this ride.

Perhaps his best video was GF Myoko last year. Good BGM too!

That was epic! Andy

The Kurome & Ochiai river in Saitama is quite nice, several little gravel sections too.

Here's a ride that is the most gravel in one ride I've found in Tokyo so far. Mostly riversides and was fun to hammer along some of the sections although even some of the gravel sections were full of oldies walking that can never pick a side to walk on and had some slowing down and dodging. There might be another ride I did that had more but this was fun.

B808E821-B5EC-4CEE-B44C-17FDB7D66FC7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom