What's new

Anyone know what happened to Zuki bikes?

Yossarian

Warming-Up
Feb 17, 2014
Hi there everyone,

I think about a year ago Zuki Bikes in Akebanebashi (and all the other Water Group shops like Psycrithm) all closed without a trace. I used to go to Zuki all the time to get my Colnago tuned and it was one of my favourite bike shops in Tokyo. They were always very friendly chaps down there.

Anyone know what became of them or whether they reopened anywhere else?

Cheers,
Yossarian

PS: Nicole Euro Cycles in Aoyama has also closed down... Times must be tough for these guys.

I have heard only one side of the story - a sorry tale of incompetence, mismanagement, deception, corruption, substance abuse etc. that I'm not going to repeat here.

Meanwhile Nicole Euro Cycles reverted to its former incarnation as a BMW car dealership. I presume the dalliance with bicycles was just a tax-loss exercise; can't see how a bicycle boutique in that location could have been a going concern.

Cheers for that update. It's a pity about Zuki. They were a great outfit.

They moved to Koshu kaido. It's called Cycle Pine. Same founder and the 2 main guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have heard only one side of the story - a sorry tale of incompetence, mismanagement, deception, corruption, substance abuse etc. that I'm not going to repeat here.

Meanwhile Nicole Euro Cycles reverted to its former incarnation as a BMW car dealership. I presume the dalliance with bicycles was just a tax-loss exercise; can't see how a bicycle boutique in that location could have been a going concern.

Even today cyclists gather around the truing stand with their cups of coffee telling the fateful tale in hushed whispers.

Komazawa branch is still open. Met the owner of the whole Nicole conglomerate in the store once, who is a foreign businessman, and very pleasant. Seemed interested in supporting cycling. Right next to my place so go in occasionally for consumables.

Sent from my SO-03D using Tapatalk

Located Cycle Pine, it's just up the road from my place so might go pay 'em a visit tomorrow.

Whatever the story was with Zuki, it sounds pretty juicy.

Back
Top Bottom