What's new

Anyone know the dates of these races?

astroman

Speeding Up
Mar 19, 2007
1. The Fuji International HC? (an offical TCC Tour)

2. Norikura?

I have just learnt that Utsukushigara HC is on the weekend of June 26/27.

Thanks!

Keren

Knowing when the applications open is the key here.....

If I'm right, then sorry to say the Fuji International hill climb is already full, see my thread titled "Ontake san".

Last year Norikura race was 30th August.

A large number of half-fast cyclists made it to the top last July, this year I'd like to race up it. Its the highest pass in Japan, the top is over 2700m and there were people still skiing in when we went!

We stayed at Northstar lodge, which is highly recommended.

Andy, I think the R&I-run climb is different to the Mt. Fuji climb in your Ontake thread, even though (confusingly) they're being run on the same day.

The former is an 11.4 km course along the Fujiazami Line. Applications start mid-April.

This is confusing.

The "7th Mt. Fuji Hill Climb" is longer, 24km and up to 5000 riders this year and is already full.

I thought this might be replacing the "International Fuji hill climb", 11km version, as all reports say they are both on the 6th June.

So which do people prefer, which race has most respect?

Andy I applied for the Fuji Hill Climb Yesterday and they sent mean entry form it seems for non-Japanese the deadline is the 8th of March to enter.

This is confusing.

The "7th Mt. Fuji Hill Climb" is longer, 24km and up to 5000 riders this year and is already full.

I thought this might be replacing the "International Fuji hill climb", 11km version, as all reports say they are both on the 6th June.

So which do people prefer, which race has most respect?

24km race seems to be more popular, I think they even had a TV coverage there once.

However, 11km (the official TCC race) is very impressive in terms of hill gradient - I don't know any other races (places) with such mad incline.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies.

Andy: Yes, you are correct. It is the day that these events open is the key.

But one more question: Is the International Fuji hill climb (TCC offical tour) the same as the R&I race. If not, when will it be held.

It is a real bugger not being able to read enough to search these sorts of things out. And online translation tools don't always help.

K

Just checked the 2009 race thread here and yeah, looks like the R&I race is the one you're looking for. Official Japanese name:

第7回富士山国際ヒルクライムサイクルロードレース
(7th Mt. Fuji International Hill Climb Cycle Road Race)

Fifth listing on the page I linked to above. As mentioned above, applications scheduled to begin mid-April (no fixed date yet).

Now which race?

Thanks Phil, much appreciated.

Now my dilemma is which race to sign up for. Entries for foreigners for the Mt. Fuji HC (24km race) close on March 18th, and I have the entry form.

I was counting on doing the official TCC race, but the 24km sounds good as well. A friend did the 24km last year and had a ball.

At least I have a few more days to decide.

K

Ive been in touch with Dan from Northstar, Norikura, and the news so far is that the date of the race and therefore application opening date have not been announced yet.
He did warn that his lodge is already full for that time of year (end of August), and finding accommodation in Norikura is VERY difficult (its a small place).

His back up plan is that his lodge and LBS are holding an unofficial time trial at the beginning of August. I'd rather go for the official event atm, but his unofficial event would mean it would be less crowded, easier to get accommodation etc.

Anyway, when the date is announced, someone start a new thread!

Thanks Andy.

I actually think that it might be better just to go up there outside of the race weekend. I am going to check with Aoyama-san of High Road if he is organizing a tour this year. If not, and there is interest, maybe we can do it ourselves?

And I just signed up for the 24km Mt. Fuji HC.

Cheers,

K

Ive been in touch with Dan from Northstar, Norikura, and the news so far is that the date of the race and therefore application opening date have not been announced yet.
He did warn that his lodge is already full for that time of year (end of August), and finding accommodation in Norikura is VERY difficult (its a small place).

His back up plan is that his lodge and LBS are holding an unofficial time trial at the beginning of August. I'd rather go for the official event atm, but his unofficial event would mean it would be less crowded, easier to get accommodation etc.

Anyway, when the date is announced, someone start a new thread!

Aoyama-san is a great bloke.... had the pleasure of meeting him last week as I needed to get my power meter sorted out and he is the only guy in Japan that stocks that brand and model.

Back
Top Bottom