What's new

Anyone interested in going to a cafe?

Maybe on a Sunday Tim, when it is not raining!

I'd be up for that too on a Sunday.

Good chance to meet others from the club

So the meeting place is the cafe east of ageo? I could scoot down from takasaki and meet you there for lunch.

I'd at least be starting in Shinjuku. But from there to the cafe is 30k, making the round-trip to be 60. Depending on the day/situation, I'd certainly be up for stretching it out a little further somehow, but I'm not familiar with any of the roads past Ikebukuro. Anyone commute on those roads have advice?

Hi

I ride here all the time. I live near the proposed destination, so can give you all the info you need.

I will join you on this ride.

Let me know when it is going to happen and we can work out meeting times / places.

Looking forward to it.

Cheers

Owen

Cool, Owen. I will. Is there a good day of the week for you? I know Stu likes Sundays.

When you ride into Shinjuku, is that the route you take? Are there any good roads that stay out of the cars way?

Hey,

Sunday is best for me, yeah. Work is silly busy at the moment, to taking cheeky days off in the week to go riding is not happening at the moment.

Roads up here;

Yeah, the route you chose looks fine. I sometimes take that route, but I also go down the Arakawa a lot. I think for what you have planned, I can't see any problems. There is a really nice run from Urawa to Omiya which I use for sprinting practice. Totally flat, and with newly resurfaced roads, it is one of my favourite speedway strips.

Traffic wise, it is all fine up here. Worse in Tokyo, I find.

Send me a message and we can exchange contact details and all that.

Nice one.

...Actually, just looked at your route...

Going up 17 is not the best thing to do, if you are concerned about traffic.

May I suggest crossing the river a bit further down, near Kawaguchi, then going up 35 until you get to Omiya, then up route 2, then take a left to meet the original planned course.

There are alternatives to this too, if you want to try out the nice road between Urawa and Omiya.

Let me know what you think and we can plan it out.

Well, we can go up the Arakawa, but that would put us a bit far out, if you are planning on keeping the distance around what you have planned already.

I think if we go through Omiya, we can cut through the parks at the back which is quite nice, and it won't be much further than your original route.

Either way, I will come down to Kawaguchi, pick you all up and head up the road with you.

Let me know when you are thinking of doing it.

I'm all for stretching it out. We could always go past the cafe, out into Inaka a bit, and then stop at the cafe, and then head home.

I'm also making everyone welcome. If anyone else is interested, what's your limit on distance? So far, my first and only TCC ride was a great experience, with the advanced people waiting for my slow butt, but even that beginner's ride was a bit intimidating in length (before I got finished with it. I'll go back and do the same route by myself again in a heartbeat.)

Tomorrow, I've got some free time, So I might squeeze in an exploratory trip on the route, with what you've told me Owen.

Interesting ride...

So on Friday I scouted it out, and Owen's right. 17 is no fun. 35 is a much better route, but I got a bit turned around between Kawaguchi and Akabane. So... I could definitely lead a group of people from Shinjuku to the cafe in Higashi Omiya... as long as you're tolerant of a bit of uncertainty. I'm free this Sunday, if anyone is interested.

I'm up for it Tim, I want to take the Lrrb out for a good run before I tackle Tomin no Mori :D

This sounds like it could be the ticket.

I'd rather leave on the early side to avoid as much heat as possible and give us more time in case we get lost and or side tracked. ;)

After Talking to Tim just now at the L shop I mapped a route......

>> Sunday Cafe Ride << I think we will avoid the worst areas, but getting out of Tokyo is always the trick, This looks like an 80Km ride total, so if we left at 8AM from Shinjuku and ride at my slow pace, (say 22Km/h honest including stoplights etc pace) we should be at the cafe around 10 AM, say an hour for lunch and some rest, then head home. We could be back by 1PM at a reasonable pace...... also known as a SLOW pace :eek:

Timdesuyo is checking to make sure when the cafe opens, if it does not open until 11AM then a later start.....?

Who is interested?

Cheers!

At the point on the map between 32 and 33, may I suggest taking a right, then the next major left, up Route 5, to where the 43 point is, and then back to your original plan.

The road you have planned at the moment is horrible.

So, your saying get off 35 at 2, take 2 to 5, and then navigate the smaller roads?

I could get behind that. I didn't go that way, but I'd trust you if you're a resident up there.

Tell you what, as I posted in the other post about this ride, I will meet you at 9am down near kawaguchi and take you up there myself. :)

Back
Top Bottom