What's new

KIT Anyone interested in getting new TCC jerseys?

Are you interested in a new club kit for 2018.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1. Would it be OK to make some jerseys? Who should I ask for permission?
Snap001.png@thomas
3. Would anybody else be interested?

Potentially, yes. Haven't bought any jerseys for hours. Which of the many variations above are you thinking of? I like the last, black one, though I take @stu_kawagoe's point that it looks not unlike a snooker/darts pro kit. #bet365

Thanks @Half-Fast Mike !
Personally, I think I do the Jockey Wilson look quite well, so the black looks even more attractive now that I look at it that way.
I am penciled in for the black pending various permissions (and the proviso that it would be OK to add a small triangle at the top of the gingko leaf to give it greater resemblance to the actual leaf)

Pending permissions, I would like to ask a Chinese manufacturer to produce some cheap TCC jerseys. I realize quality is an issue for many. I have some of the manufacturer's work if you'd like to check it out. I will go to the Cross Cafe and Y's meeting points if @TokyoLiving leads a ride tomorrow, and Half-Fast Cycling rides if they are held and bring a jersey for any who are interested in checking out the quality of the work.

So @Kangaeroo asked me to add a small triangle/nick in the leaf. I'm not really opposed to it but I just thought I'd post these pictures to illustrate the issue. Basically, "Cycling" has two more characters than "Tokyo", so the tringle will never naturally fall in the centre of the two words. There are a few ways to get around it and here are two of them. Firstly, you can drop the top line of text down to below the tringle as in the example on the right. Secondly, you can do some agressive character spacing as in the bottom example. Personally, I prefer it without the triangle and with even character spacing (left) which is the same way they do it for the Tokyo Metro logo but it doesn't bother me enough to be a stick in the mud either way. One further option would be to add some kind of logo to the left of the T in Tokyo like a sakura flower or somesuch to push the gap towards the centre. Thoughts?
TCC Back Examples.png

Sorry for my late reply, all permissions have already been granted (not that it would have been necessary). And thanks for making this possible. :)

Sorry, I complete forgot about the pics. I will try to prepare and post some tonight.
FWIW, @PSB saw one of the jerseys on Saturday, so can perhaps comment.

So @Kangaeroo asked me to add a small triangle/nick in the leaf. I'm not really opposed to it but I just thought I'd post these pictures to illustrate the issue. Basically, "Cycling" has two more characters than "Tokyo", so the tringle will never naturally fall in the centre of the two words. There are a few ways to get around it and here are two of them. Firstly, you can drop the top line of text down to below the tringle as in the example on the right. Secondly, you can do some agressive character spacing as in the bottom example. Personally, I prefer it without the triangle and with even character spacing (left) which is the same way they do it for the Tokyo Metro logo but it doesn't bother me enough to be a stick in the mud either way. One further option would be to add some kind of logo to the left of the T in Tokyo like a sakura flower or somesuch to push the gap towards the centre. Thoughts?
View attachment 17414
Wow! I love all of these, including the original without the triangle, which does look well-balanced.
I think I should defer to the original design by @Joe McCarthy instead of pursue my own self-interest.

Order process
This is my proposal for bulk ordering TCC jerseys. If it's OK, I'll go ahead with it, starting immediately. As Thomas and Joe have given their permission, I assume it's OK to say that anybody who would prefer to order individually can feel free to do so using the links below if they choose. I think the bulk order will be slightly cheaper overall, but the exact amount will depend on ordered quantity. I've asked the manufacturer for quotes and will post them as soon as I receive them.

Proposed date for close of bulk orders: March 25, 2019 (whenever I get a chance that day to place the order)
Proposed orders: Jerseys of various sizes
Design: As per Joe McCarthy's design, black with logo on front left breast; red, green and white stripes and gingko leaf logo on the back in green with white trimming and lettering.
TCC Jersey Front.png
TCC Jersey Back.pngProposed manufacturer: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/2187028
Proposed product: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...756.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.42165b9aunXO2X
Price: Undetermined. Price will be determined by the quantity ordered. They are advertised up to $28, so anything beyond that amount will be unacceptable and I will not place an order. Each jersey costs the same regardless of the size.
Delivery: 13-20 business days from order.
Order method for the bulk purchase: Please DM me your size (sizes tend small) and required quantity. I can tell the exact price upon determining the quantity. I'll have the jerseys sent to me and deliver them to you by hand or post (chakubarai).
NOTES:
1) I will pay for the bulk order and ask for reimbursement. Shipping is free under 3kg. If the order exceeds 3kg in weight (which I guess will be about 10+ jerseys), I will ask for reimbursement of shipping costs, too, divided equally among all who order.
2) Quality is you get what you paid for. This is not the highest quality material, but I have been happy enough with my previous purchases from this company, though my expectations are not high. My experience has been that the lycra absorbs and releases sweat reasonably efficiently. It stinks after use, but holds shape, color and design in the wash.
Here is a series of photos of a product I received from the same manufacturer tonight, which may give some idea of the quality and packaging.
Step 1.JPG
Step 2.JPGStep 3.JPG
Step 4.JPG
Step 5.JPGStep 6.JPGStep 7.JPGStep 8.JPG
3) My experience with this company has involved several (about 6-7) orders of jerseys, including one customized. For the customized kit, I first contacted them on Feb. 5, asking if I could make a jersey. I sent a high-resolution image of the design. They confirmed it was possible to make and gave me the price of $18 apiece. I place an order for $72 worth of jerseys (four in total) on Feb. 7 and I received them in the mail on March 5. The photo I used was intricate, and the manufacturer did a marvelous job in reproducing it. There is feedback on the manufacturer's page, including mine. https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...756.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.42165b9aunXO2X

I remain interested in purchasing a jersey/ kit my daughter lives in Tokyo would posting to her be an option? Are the sizes USA EU UK or worse Italian ? It's just to know what size to order.

Thanks

I remain interested in purchasing a jersey/ kit my daughter lives in Tokyo would posting to her be an option? Are the sizes USA EU UK or worse Italian ? It's just to know what size to order.

Thanks
Yes, I think it could be posted to her, either by ordering individually or through the bulk order.

The detail on that 'Z' jersey looks really crisp. Definitely worth a punt for the price. I'll measure myself when I get home and DM you.

Back
Top Bottom