What's new

KIT Anyone interested in getting new TCC jerseys?

Are you interested in a new club kit for 2018.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And finally, before I get accused of spamming this thread, here's one for the TCC colour traditionalists
Great work. I really like the black one. I'd wear that. I'd also wear a fluoro yellow one, but not maillot jaune-style yellow - just my personal preference.

I think it might be a good idea to re-affirm what everyone wants. For me:

Items: Full kit (jersey and bib shorts)
Season: Summer (short sleves and shorts)
Fit: Race fit
Quality: Medium - High
Price Max: 15,000円
Other Logos: None/Minimal

I'm only really looking for a jersey (unless we can get pockets or the like with the bib shorts) for summer, so short-sleeved.
Personally, I'd also like to go as cheap as possible, so would prefer to use the artwork decided upon and have them custom-made in China.

The company whose website I've been using to show you examples of kit design has good reviews and reasonable pricing in my opinion. It's a German company called Owayo. You can order Jerseys and Shorts seperately and the minimum order is 1, although obviously that's pretty expensive. Prices per unit decrease gradually up to 50. There would also be a postage cost but it wouldn't be much split over the whole order. Prices on the site are in euros but I've included the yen equivalent at today's exchange rate. Here is the price breakdown for what we might be interested in:

Basic Kit (10 + Units)

Jersey: €41.70 (¥5200)
Bib Shorts: €49.26 (¥6143)

Nicer Race Kit (10+ Units)

Jersey: €50.10 (¥6248)
Bib Shorts: €58.50 (¥7295)

You can check out the website here: https://en.owayo.com/cycling/products-woen.htm

I'd be happy to go with any company that offers good quality kit at a reasonable price really, I just thought I'd add this one to the pile considering that their online kit design tool is really good and their prices seem decent (to me at least). I'd also be happy with any of the companies on the list tigerkamen posted assuming they don't break the bank.

Also, since we're now talking about full kits, here's some shorts to go with the black jersey. I've changed the ginko on the back to green. If most people prefered it the way it was as a white outline then I'll happily change it back. I've also done a pink one, but I appreciate that most people are on team black right now and I'm happy to go with the consensus.

TCC Full Kit.png
TCC Full Kit 2.png

Race kit bibs and shorts in black would be my choice for club kit. I'm not totally convinced by the back logo. Are there any tweaks you could do with that (font-style, font-weight, colors, etc) @Joe McCarthy? I totally understand you're doing this yourself and I'm not offering any actual ideas, just criticism😔

Race kit bibs and shorts in black would be my choice for club kit. I'm not totally convinced by the back logo. Are there any tweaks you could do with that (font-style, font-weight, colors, etc) @Joe McCarthy? I totally understand you're doing this yourself and I'm not offering any actual ideas, just criticism😔
No, that's fine. I changed the ginko leaf to green to give the back a bit of colour but I could always change it back to the white outline if that's what people prefer. As for the font, I chose that typeface because it matches the logo nicely. The Cs are the same shape as the bike wheel Cs. I could certainly increase the weight and see if that does anything for you. Out of interest, of the two ginko leaves I've tried with that design already, which one do you prefer?

My cycling group got their jerseys and bib done by Owayo.
We went for a little nice one (not the basic). It turned out pretty decent. I wouldn't say it's top notch, but good quality for that price.
Actually, I quite like the bibs. I've done a 300km race/event and everything was fine. But fit can be a very personal thing though.
We had Owayo send us a trial kit with various sizes and two different qualities.
That was very helpful.

That's pretty slick looking. I'd probably be up for a few black jerseys assuming race fit and good breathable summer material for Japan :-O I like the back with the red/white/green. Is reflective material possible on the right sleeve or right rear pocket or such to add that extra bit of road safety?

That's pretty slick looking. I'd probably be up for a few black jerseys assuming race fit and good breathable summer material for Japan :-O I like the back with the red/white/green. Is reflective material possible on the right sleeve or right rear pocket or such to add that extra bit of road safety?

Yeah, the Owayo jerseys come with small reflective tags for visibility. You can also have reflector piping on the pockets as an optional extra for about 3 euros per jersey.

Last edited:
How about this instead:
View attachment 17321
I think it looks better as the color scheme is represented on the front and back. I like it.

I actually think the kit looks pretty decent overall. I mean it's a club kit, so it's never going to be totally pucker style-wise but it's got a bit of a retro feel with the vertical stripes, which I happen to like.

One thing I'd add about the logo is I like the size and design, but I don't want it to become too cartoonish when it's made. Not sure if that makes any sense.

Oh, I just realized if we get bored of cycling we can start a snooker club instead😆

Thanks again for your time @Joe McCarthy!

There hasn't been much activity on here for a while so I thought I'd just put in where I am.

I'm not a very organised/responsible person, so I'm definitely not someone who should be handling money/orders etc. and coordinating something like this, but for whoever does take on the job, I can:

A: Send you high resolution copies of my designs and placement diagrams.

B: If we decide to use Owayo, I can just share the username and password of the TCC account I've already made with them which has my designs already saved in the drafts section ready to be ordered.

I'm assuming here that people want to use my designs but if not, I won't be offended at all and may still order whatever you guys choose depending on how much I like it.

Sorry to flog a dead horse, but the first-ever custom-made jerseys I have ordered have just arrived from China. I found them to be superb for the price (US$18/piece with no minimum order).
1. Would it be OK to make some jerseys? Who should I ask for permission?
2. If it's OK, can I use your artwork @Joe McCarthy ? I reckon you've done an awesome job.
3. Would anybody else be interested? I think we could keep costs down by ordering in bulk. The shipping from China is free if the package is under 3kg, which it will be unless we have a huge order. It could then be repackaged and sent postage collect.

Back
Top Bottom