What's new

KIT Anyone interested in getting new TCC jerseys?

Are you interested in a new club kit for 2018.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Handlebars in the middle of the ginko to stand for T instead of Tokyo? With the head tube etc seen from the front
It's certainly the most T shaped part of the bike. I feel like it might be putting the roadie bias in TCC a little too front and centre though.

@Joe McCarthy You've got wonderful ideas there.

The ginko is good, but keep in mind the Tesla logo--I personally wouldn't want to get too close to that. (the notch in your second design brought that to mind)

tesla_logo_t.jpg

What about something like this? But the wheels in a C shape is very cool.
blah blam bloo.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll be driving around Tohoku for the next month without my laptop so I won't do any more work on this until after I get back. When I do I'll put a few full kit designs together. I'll also upload my graphics so others can have a go messing around with them if they want.

I think September is probably when this project gets moving along. August is such a disjointed (not in a finger way) month, for me at least.

@kiwisimon FWIW, I discovered this site during the week. The quality is not premium, but it is not bad. This may enable an affordable route to creating a kit. And the company has no minimum order requirement, so perhaps the approach could be to make the artwork available here and anybody who wanted to buy kit could do it independently.

@Kangaeroo sorry but I couldn't get your link to work.

Just to throw in my two cents, I'd probably like some bib shorts and a half sleeve summer jersey. And, yeah, I know it's shallow but I'd like like race fit style, so I can pretend I'm riding the Giro when I'm wearing them. Is it a hard no on pink highlights because it's not club colors? If that's the case, It does seem a shame considering we all live in Japan.

Anyway, I'll probably buy something whatever, just so I can "represent" out on the roads.

Stu

P.s. I don't particularly mind paying for quality - so long as it's functional and looks nice😉

Oh yeah, sorry guys I completely forgot about this. I just need to make vector versions of the graphics and then I'll post them up on here.

How about this by the way? I dropped the ginko from the logo but I'm still imagining a ginko on the back with "Tokyo Cycling Club" written in full on it. Pink is optional ofc but I quite like it.

TCC 7.png

Here are some different colour options based on some of the comments so far:

TCC colour options.png

Last edited:
Lovely design!
If I could, I'd be trying to shape the Cs so they looked like bike wheels and manipulate the T to appear like a cyclist.
And maybe create a slit in the curve of the gingko leaf, dividing the Tokyo and Cycling?
Awesome job, though! And the color was also nice. Maybe for the color we could also try aizome, which is possibly the quintessential hue of traditional Japanese apparel? (Sorry if I'm too heavy on Nihonjinron stuff)

I ended up using both of your ideas in this design and I really like it. Here's my latest mockup with the ginko on the back too. Typeface has been changed to better match the logo:

TCC Example Yellow.png

I still haven't made these as vector graphics (because I don't have a programme at work to do it with), but you're welcome to play around with them as raster images with transparent backgrounds) for now.TCC Back Black Raster.pngTCC Back White Raster.pngTCC Logo Black Raster.pngTCC Logo White Raster.png

WARNING: The white ones are there, but they may be invisible on your white background. Just click around until you find them.

Back
Top Bottom