What's new

KIT Anyone interested in getting new TCC jerseys?

Are you interested in a new club kit for 2018.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Somewhat lukewarm reception. Many suppliers require a minimum of 10 to do an order but I imagine once a design is put up and a likely price posted others may jump on.
I think this design still has a broad appeal with no Wiggle branding. I seem to remember the "summer version" of this was less popular. Feel free to make any suggestions on changes to the design. Also what level of materials are ppl interested in. Personally I want a mid range level with a sporting relaxed fit, but I'm rather rotundular. I do like a good long leg to cover as much thigh as possible.
View attachment 16690
I am in with this design, more interested in a race fit.

I don't want to sound negative but personally I dislike all the previous kits. I like simple designs. A very small TCC written in one colour on the chest or back pocket and a nice contrasting colour for the jersey itself. Race fit. I realise that not everyone wants this which is why I guess I won't be buying the latest version if it ever comes to fruition. I like the TCC website but the kits have been pretty shocking.

Somewhat lukewarm reception. Many suppliers require a minimum of 10 to do an order but I imagine once a design is put up and a likely price posted others may jump on.

I am sure that there will be more interest once we can present a few designs. My brother and his wife will be here in August, so I won't be able to take care of the issue.

I think this design still has a broad appeal with no Wiggle branding. I seem to remember the "summer version" of this was less popular. Feel free to make any suggestions on changes to the design. Also what level of materials are ppl interested in. Personally I want a mid range level with a sporting relaxed fit, but I'm rather rotundular. I do like a good long leg to cover as much thigh as possible.

Right, the white version wasn't that popular, not least because of the white crotch, lol. I'd also prefer a mid-range level that's not too tight, as was the last team issue.

it looks like this won't be ready for this season anyway, so why don't we put an aim of early 2019 completion and work backwards from Feb/Mar 2019? 1) design stage 2) asking for commitment from people 3) actual order or whatever... personally, the last one (2015-16?) was the most appealing one to me purely in terms of design. I don't have it and can't speak about the fit. I wasn't crazy about it, and did not get it because of timing and other issues.

I for one would not like a super tight, skin suit like fit, but reasonably tight would work (people can always adjust by going up or down one size that way). silicon grip band or similar on the shorts is a must (not old school "rings" that bite into one's thigh). it would be good if people can order either the full set, or only jersey or the shorts, as not everyone might need/want the whole kit at that particular time (depending on the final number of orders total of course). just my 2 yen

I for one would not like a super tight, skin suit like fit, but reasonably tight would work (people can always adjust by going up or down one size that way).

Then surely you could just order the size above the one that would be "super tight"

:sly:

If you wear a kit it should fit.

Nice color choice, Black seems very ubiquitous these days and nearly all my own gear stuff is black. If you drop the outline box and then what does TCC look like? Are there any opinions on colors? I like black shorts just cause it's a good place to dry your hands. Tops maybe a switch to brighter colors might be timely with the Olympics on the way. Rings are red, blue, green, yellow and black. Tokyo metro colors are

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 10
Are there any opinions on colors?
Yeah, I used an online kit design tool and my own designs use white only with a transparent background, so the base colour could be anything. I could also switch the logos to black if we wanted a bright colour like yellow or pink for the base. I'll fiddle with the TCC logo a little and see if I can get it to read better. I'm thinking maybe dropping the Cs further down might help.

Yeah, I used an online kit design tool and my own designs use white only with a transparent background, so the base colour could be anything. I could also switch the logos to black if we wanted a bright colour like yellow or pink for the base. I'll fiddle with the TCC logo a little and see if I can get it to read better. I'm thinking maybe dropping the Cs further down might help.
Looking good. You might be on to something here. Although it does depends upon what the rest of the peanut gallery has to say. They have been eerily silent thus far.

Lovely design!
If I could, I'd be trying to shape the Cs so they looked like bike wheels and manipulate the T to appear like a cyclist.
And maybe create a slit in the curve of the gingko leaf, dividing the Tokyo and Cycling?
Awesome job, though! And the color was also nice. Maybe for the color we could also try aizome, which is possibly the quintessential hue of traditional Japanese apparel? (Sorry if I'm too heavy on Nihonjinron stuff)

Maybe for the color we could also try aizome
Actually, I originally designed the jersey on an indigo base colour but I changed it to the burgundy because it seemed to match up a bit better with the current TCC colour scheme.

maybe create a slit in the curve of the gingko leaf
I could give this a try. My worry is that the slit will mess with the character spacing, seeing as Cycling is a longer word than Tokyo. It might end up looking lopsided. It's a shame we're not Tokyo Cycle Club. That would be much more symmetrical.

Handlebars in the middle of the ginko to stand for T instead of Tokyo? With the head tube etc seen from the front

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    16.5 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom