What's new

Anyone in the Atsugi Area for Saturday Rides?

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
I'm always reading about Saturday rides on this site, but more often than not they seem to be close to Tokyo. I live in Yamato and ride around Hanbara, Miyagase Dam, Yabitsu Toge, R413 etc and am looking for someone serious about training on Saturdays. I usually ride around 100km plus, don't leave too hideously early, say around 9-10am and climb pretty hard. Is anyone out there??? Would love to join up with some other riders on a regular basis and enjoy riding in the mountains together.

I'm always reading about Saturday rides on this site, but more often than not they seem to be close to Tokyo. I live in Yamato and ride around Hanbara, Miyagase Dam, Yabitsu Toge, R413 etc and am looking for someone serious about training on Saturdays. I usually ride around 100km plus, don't leave too hideously early, say around 9-10am and climb pretty hard. Is anyone out there??? Would love to join up with some other riders on a regular basis and enjoy riding in the mountains together.

I live not far from Atsugi (Futamatagawa). Sunday`s are best for me; I`m looking to increase the amount of riding I`ve been doing thus far.

Interested in a Sagami-Wan ride? Can do some mountain climbs too.

Thanks for replying Phil. I usually ride on Saturdays but can probably get 1 or 2 Sunday rides in each month. Are you talking about this Sunday?

Where does the Sagami-Wan ride go...up the Sagami river?

Hey Phil, unfortunately I've got a soccer game on Sunday the 8th but am free to ride on Saturday the 7th. Do you have plans on that day?

Saturday

I`ll plan to keep the 7th open, but won`t know for sure whether I have to work or not till Friday.

To where shall we ride?

Do you mind if I join you guys? I just arrived here and have no idea about what's around here so it would be great to ride with some people who know the area. I am across the street from the Sagamihara City Museum and a short ride from Fuchinobe Station but would need good directions for a meeting site since I am ignorant in the Japanese department.

A bit Lippy!

I was hoping to hit the mountains this Saturday Phil. Thinking about a half tour de Christoph, heading up R64 past Miyagase Dam, crossing R413, climbing up R518 to R76 and back via a fast R413 and R64 again. It's a 100km round trip from Yamato.

Dave, from your place this would be about 100km round trip also. If you want to join me or us I can meet you at Ebina station which is about 20 mins ride from your place. Do you know where it is?

Mike

Saturday

I`ll try to keep Saturday free.

I`ll hit route 40 to whatever rendezvous point you suggest.

Departure time 0800ish OK?

Phil, Let's meet in front of Yamato Police Station on R40 at 8.30. Then we'll pick Dave up at Ebina Station at 9am. Does that sound OK? I'll send him map as he might have some difficulty finding it.

Ebina Station

Gents - may I join you please ? Is Ebina at 0900 OK ?

Charles aka chazzer

Saturday 07 June

Must work! I`m out this time. Next time keep me in mind thanks.

Anyone for a Sunday beach ride?

Back
Top Bottom