Anyone in the Atsugi Area for Saturday Rides?

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Kanagawa
I'm always reading about Saturday rides on this site, but more often than not they seem to be close to Tokyo. I live in Yamato and ride around Hanbara, Miyagase Dam, Yabitsu Toge, R413 etc and am looking for someone serious about training on Saturdays. I usually ride around 100km plus, don't leave too hideously early, say around 9-10am and climb pretty hard. Is anyone out there??? Would love to join up with some other riders on a regular basis and enjoy riding in the mountains together.

Nov 9, 2006
Yokohama
I'm always reading about Saturday rides on this site, but more often than not they seem to be close to Tokyo. I live in Yamato and ride around Hanbara, Miyagase Dam, Yabitsu Toge, R413 etc and am looking for someone serious about training on Saturdays. I usually ride around 100km plus, don't leave too hideously early, say around 9-10am and climb pretty hard. Is anyone out there??? Would love to join up with some other riders on a regular basis and enjoy riding in the mountains together.
I live not far from Atsugi (Futamatagawa). Sunday`s are best for me; I`m looking to increase the amount of riding I`ve been doing thus far.

Interested in a Sagami-Wan ride? Can do some mountain climbs too.

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Kanagawa
Thanks for replying Phil. I usually ride on Saturdays but can probably get 1 or 2 Sunday rides in each month. Are you talking about this Sunday?

Where does the Sagami-Wan ride go...up the Sagami river?

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Kanagawa
Hey Phil, unfortunately I've got a soccer game on Sunday the 8th but am free to ride on Saturday the 7th. Do you have plans on that day?

d.bodkin

Warming-Up
Apr 6, 2008
Sagamihara
Do you mind if I join you guys? I just arrived here and have no idea about what's around here so it would be great to ride with some people who know the area. I am across the street from the Sagamihara City Museum and a short ride from Fuchinobe Station but would need good directions for a meeting site since I am ignorant in the Japanese department.

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Kanagawa
A bit Lippy!

I was hoping to hit the mountains this Saturday Phil. Thinking about a half tour de Christoph, heading up R64 past Miyagase Dam, crossing R413, climbing up R518 to R76 and back via a fast R413 and R64 again. It's a 100km round trip from Yamato.

Dave, from your place this would be about 100km round trip also. If you want to join me or us I can meet you at Ebina station which is about 20 mins ride from your place. Do you know where it is?

Mike

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Kanagawa
Phil, Let's meet in front of Yamato Police Station on R40 at 8.30. Then we'll pick Dave up at Ebina Station at 9am. Does that sound OK? I'll send him map as he might have some difficulty finding it.