What's new

Ride Any Road Cyclists Riding in Chiba Area?

Sharkley1981

Warming-Up
Aug 16, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Any road cyclists doing rides around Chiba. I usually ride alone in the weekends from Inagekaigan along Sotobo Toll Road going to the hills near Nagara Dam. Do you know any other hilly rides around Chiba? I live in Inagekaigan.

Thanks for the suggestions.

For the best riding in Chiba you should head down into the peninsular.

Use RidewithGPS and search for "Chiba" or "Boso" that should get you some routes.

Oh look, I did it for you.

I am not too familiar with the Inagekaigan area but if you check the segments on Strava and then stalk some of those on the leader boards you should get some ideas.

I used to live in Inage several years ago, now live in the hills of southern Chiba (Prefecture). Unfortunately there aren't a lot of hilly rides right out your front door. My favorite ride from Inage Kaigan is to ride all the way up the Hanamigawa river, around Kasumigaura lake and to Mount Tsukuba in Ibaraki, but that is a looong day in the saddle, and then you still have to go home. Best split into two days or take a train back.

My favorite hilly rides in my neck of Chiba center around Mount Kano (or Kanozan as the locals call it). There is also a wonderful network of narrow and mostly unused forest roads (aka rindo) running all over the southern part of the peninsula in which you can ride for hours without seeing a single car. Unfortunately this area is a pretty long haul from Chiba City too. Best to pack up your bike in a bike bag and take a train to Kisarazu or Kimitsu station and go from there. If you ever want a tour of the area let me know.

Thanks guys!
@Musashi13 I will try "ridewithgps".
That strava route stalking is a pretty neat trick!

@hatandbeard I'll definitely let you know in case I make plans to ride around that area. Last year I visited the large buddha, brought my bike in a train to kimitsu.

Wow, we're almost right next to each other. Maybe we can go on a ride with hat and beard? I'm only available on the weekends.

Back
Top Bottom