What's new

Any rides this weekend??

oggy

Warming-Up
Dec 22, 2010
Hi,
has anyone any organised rides this weekend (16th/17th April)??
I'm based in Ikebukuro.
If not anyone game to set something up or just simply a rode along the Arakawa river?
thanks
David

I'll be doing a 150-180km ride with 1000-1500m of climbing this weekend if you are interested. I'll be posting more info later today or tomorrow, but you're welcome to join me if this sounds like your kind of ride.

Hi Pete, sounds good, i'll wait until you post it.
thanks
David

I'm looking to do a training ride Sunday morning, maybe meet at 8am Takao station. Open for offers, but want to be back in town by 1pm

OK, I just posted my plan for Sunday: https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=28723#post28723

Additionally, depending on the weather, I may head up the Arakawa tomorrow (Saturday) to log some miles and to do a little exploration. If the weather cooperates I'm thinking of a late morning 70-120km outing. This will basically be a flat ride (no climbing), but you'll have the chance to ride for very long distances without traffic lights, barriers, putting a foot down, or any other forms of stopping. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Hi Pete, should be OK for Sunday.
As for Saturday i'm meeting Eric on the Arakawa river at the locks just north of where the Kannana Dori crosses over at 10am (unless the rain's too heavy...). If you want to meet there then that would be great!
David

I am going into Chichibu on Sunday, if anyone is interested. My climbing has improved but I am not up with the big boys yet, so I would say it is a mid-level climbing mission.

Anyone who wants to come is welcome.

Owen, you should join us on the ride I posted. It'd be good one for you. It'll be a bit more relaxed as the "aggro big guns" are doing Kusatsu this weekend.

Or alternatively, the 8 mile point!

I could get to the 8 mile point pretty fast from where I live.

Hi Pete, should be OK for Sunday.
As for Saturday i'm meeting Eric on the Arakawa river at the locks just north of where the Kannana Dori crosses over at 10am (unless the rain's too heavy...). If you want to meet there then that would be great!
David

I'm pretty sure I know the spot you are referring to. We call it the "spaceship". It's at the bend in the river, correct? If the weather is agreeable and if I can get out of the house, I will try to join you. If you don't see me there by 10:05 though, please don't wait.

And, I look forward to riding with you Sunday!

I'm going to attempt the "Super Looper" with the Half-Fast guys tomorrow :eek: 150 Km mainly flat around Tokyo.

I hope I can keep up, if anyone wants to come along too, here is the e-mail I got..........

Dear Don,

I'll lead the Super Looper on Sunday.

The Super Looper
The weather promises to be quite nice tomorrow.
It's a good day to do Leo's route around Tokyo going into Kanagawa Saitama and perhaps even Chiba.
150 flat km more or less across the bay side, up the Tamagawa, around Showa Kinen Koen (admission fee), along the Jousui, up to the Yanagase River, follow it to the Arakawa, down the Arakawa to the bay. If people don't want to do the whole thing, we can take a short cut from the Arakawa and cut off a few km

Start at Shinagawa at the Koban on the Konanguchi side (NOT the Takanawa side with the Prince Hotels, etc.)
Time 8:00 AM
Lunch at a good Korean restaurant but bring some snacks to eat on your bike.
We should be back to Shinagawa about 1800

Brian

I hope it is OK to post that here :eek:

Most of the rides here are still well above my fitness level, but I'm working on it!

Stu

Back
Top Bottom