What's new

Any idea where I can get a wheel skewer mount in Tokyo?

macrophotofly

Maximum Pace
Aug 27, 2012
Hi,
No space on my winter bike handlebars for a decent light (new handlebar bag in the way rather than over-extensive gadget placement!) and spotted you can get a lightweight wheel skewer mount that would do the job. Have any of you seen a central Tokyo bike shore stocking something like these -
http://clee-cycles.co.uk/esite/P3104/product

Ahh, now I know what those are. Saw one on a guys road bike and thought that there was no way it could be a foot peg to stand on.

Parts ordered and post closed
Won't you have to get the seams let out on your Fairmean bag if you put that on your wheel? Close tolerances...

Won't you have to get the seams let out on your Fairmean bag if you put that on your wheel? Close tolerances...

That is a very good point, thank you, and I'll need to try it out. You obviously take the front wheel off and I could always put the skewer mount pointing inwards to the frame (then doesn't stick out of the bag), but need to check it doesn't rub against the frame when in the bag. Hmmmm... will report back this weekend

Saw one on a guys road bike and thought that there was no way it could be a foot peg to stand on.
Funny you should say that - a guy at the office seeing the picture of them yesterday wanted to put two on his back wheel and give his wife a lift when he cycles home past her. I politely suggested that even the lightest of Japanese ladies might bend/snap a QR skewer if they stand on it.....

How much did you pay in total?
Y764 for one in gold (as per amazon + free postage) - to go with the small accumulation of gold "tinkets" that I will mount on the winter bike once the new brifters arrive. I also got one in black for the summer bike which was still at rrp Y840. Won't need that once the winter bike is refitted but will be useful for the next few weeks

Y764 for one in gold (as per amazon + free postage) - to go with the small accumulation of gold "tinkets" that I will mount on the winter bike once the new brifters arrive. I also got one in black for the summer bike which was still at rrp Y840. Won't need that once the winter bike is refitted but will be useful for the next few weeks
Thanks a lot.
I think I might get one especially since you weren't hit with Amazon's sometimes outrage postage fees.

Back
Top Bottom