Any Boso route recommendation (from Kaneya to Narita)

rommelgc

Maximum Pace
Sep 3, 2009
Setagaya
Anybody can recommend the most convenient (and bike friendly) route from Kaneya to Narita (heart of the city not the airport). I tried mapping a route last weekend and ended up with a headache.

I put in some components of Phil's rides back to Honda but it seems Honda Station is still a bit far off to Narita. Kaneya -> Narita, half day is doable? I'll be ferrying from Kurihama so start will be around or after lunch. Though I have good lights so I could ride in the dark.

Phil

Maximum Pace
I think you have the right idea heading inland from Kaneya and going through Honda...the Tokyo Bay strip north of Kanya is pretty grim. I'd head up the 127 and use the 465 to get inland. Then up to Kururi and use the 32 to get to 81, where you can connect to one of my existing routes to Honda.

The Honda -- Narita stretch is indeed tricky; I'm in Yachimata and I still haven't found a good way to get to Narita the city by bike (the airport is a lot easier as you can come on the back roads from the east/coast, as per Musashi13's map.)

Given that you have time constraints and probably don't want to wander down a bazzilion little back roads I'd suggest something like below. It's not optimal--the 409 especially I usually try to avoid, but it is do-able, and much better than the 51, which is dire. Once "downtown" Narita, the 51 is like any other multi-lane urban road; busy but with space.

Anyway, hope this helps. Let me know if you want more details.