What's new

Any bike shop offers international shipping?

bcw1452

Warming-Up
Oct 19, 2022
Hi all,

I am a new user here. As a city bike lover, I would like to buy a tokyobike from Japan (as my favourite colour is not available in my country, and it is much cheaper to buy in Japan).
However, the official shop doesn't ship overseas, so can anyone suggest bike shops in Tokyo, Chiba(seems Narita Airport offers large parcel delivery) or other places offer easy disassembly of bike, wrapping service and international shipping?

Tim

None that I know of. Doubt any shop would want to take the risk or the hassle.

A standard 700c bike is too large for EMS, a quick UPS/FedEx is showing ~$750 USD for a bike one way Japan to west coast USA...

I had to Google for "tokyobike". Its website doesn't make its products look remarkable. Counter-suggestion: wherever you are in the world, buy a bike whose frame is the right size for you, used but in good condition, have a bike shop strip it down to the frame, have a paint shop strip the paint and paint it (or better, powdercoat it) in whatever colour(s) you like, and have the bike shop reassemble it.

I had to Google for "tokyobike". Its website doesn't make its products look remarkable. Counter-suggestion: wherever you are in the world, buy a bike whose frame is the right size for you, used but in good condition, have a bike shop strip it down to the frame, have a paint shop strip the paint and paint it (or better, powdercoat it) in whatever colour(s) you like, and have the bike shop reassemble it.
I am in Hong Kong, China. Repaint the bike frame is an very expensive act here, around 640usd :(

I am in Hong Kong, China. Repaint the bike frame is an very expensive act here, around 640usd :(
Professionally stripping and repainting a bike frame is expensive everywhere. It requires some expensive equipment and a fair bit of skill.

Back
Top Bottom