What's new

Ant+ Speed (only) sensor [Moved]

locke

Cruising
Aug 18, 2014
A long shot perhaps, but does anyone has a spare Ant+ speed sensor (speed only) compatible with garmin 500?
I do have the gsc 10 but I just bought vector pm recently so I don't really need the cadence sensor.. Been meaning to give the GSC 10 to my brother while I replace it with speed sensor only.
Really appreciate it if I can pay cheaper than the retail price out there.

Cheers

Can the garmin accept feeds from multiple sources? I found that my garmin 800 would ignore the GSC10 when I connected my Quarq?

In my case, garmin accepts power and cadence data from pm while speed from my gsc (I did make sure this is the speed from the sensor not gps)

Can the garmin accept feeds from multiple sources? I found that my garmin 800 would ignore the GSC10 when I connected my Quarq?

As far as I am aware it can be told which to accept but cannot read multiple sources.

I no longer need the cadence function on my Garmin either and am bothered by having to adjust the sensor for different wheels so I was looking at buying the new Garmin speed only sensor which goes on the rear hub, I'd still have to swap that with the wheels but it looks cleaner by far. Wiggle no longer sell Garmin products and I couldn't find it anywhere when I looked a few weeks back.

What are the options out there?

FWIW, Bontrager (Trek bikes) offer speed-only sensors ($35 US price). I use their separate speed and cadence sensors on my Bike Friday, works great with either my Garmin Edge 500 or Navi2Coach GPS.

I was looking at buying the new Garmin speed only sensor which goes on the rear hub, I'd still have to swap that with the wheels but it looks cleaner by far. Wiggle no longer sell Garmin products and I couldn't find it anywhere when I looked a few weeks back.

The one that is attached to the hub?. . I felt that I saw one in Nalshima friends store few weeks ago but I'm not sure

FWIW, Bontrager (Trek bikes) offer speed-only sensors ($35 US price). I use their separate speed and cadence sensors on my Bike Friday, works great with either my Garmin Edge 500 or Navi2Coach GPS.
Yap, I also fancy the Bontrager one, one lbs near my place is selling trek products but they are out of speed sensor today bummer..

Don't use the Classified section for full-on conversations; every post needs to be approved.

You all know this.

Back
Top Bottom