What's new

Annoying weather

Those weather forecasts (like North Korean war threats) don't always come true ;)

Get one. You will love/hate it. And get a sweat cover for the bike too. You will sweat like a mo-fo.

This weather is mildly annoying huh. I wanted to get a few rides in on the arakawa last week but each time I wanted to the weather was cold so I went running instead. Running is much nicer than cycling in the cold although I hadn't planned on running 100.6km in the last 6 days that I did. Still, it keeps me fit. Looking forward to slightly warmer weather so
I can get out on the bike more.

Get one. You will love/hate it. And get a sweat cover for the bike too. You will sweat like a mo-fo.
I second that. I bought my trainer at the end the rainy season last year and its kept me in good form no matter what the stupid weather does.

And yes it will kick you around.

Well it might be raining, but at least it's not freezing cold.

* goes outside*

My bad.

too right annoyed 7000 miles to arrive in pouring rain nae sun and nae cherry blossoms hope it clears up to for daughters wedding nae point in collecting bike either forgot password in rage new name hope weather changes soon Scotland tropical by comparison

Well so much for one of my students telling me it would be nice today. Decided to go for a run along the arakawa. The horizontal rain really was quite painful in the face. Still, I guess it would have been worse on a bike. Didn't see a single soul along the arakawa.

Those weather forecasts (like North Korean war threats) don't always come true ;)

Well, I hope I'll have more luck with my optimism regarding the North Koreans than I did with the weather...

Scotland tropical by comparison
Obviously not seen the local forecast, parts of Scotland hit -13 on Sunday. The weather in the UK has gone: 2nd wettest summer since 1910 in 2012 followed by the coldest winter since 1962. March figures due out today and will show the coldest March since 1962. Todays forecast for southern England warns of snow flurries. Last year it was 20 degrees at this time, now it's barely above freezing!

Obviously not seen the local forecast, parts of Scotland hit -13 on Sunday. The weather in the UK has gone: 2nd wettest summer since 1910 in 2012 followed by the coldest winter since 1962. March figures due out today and will show the coldest March since 1962. Todays forecast for southern England warns of snow flurries. Last year it was 20 degrees at this time, now it's barely above freezing!
Its pretty naff weather round the northern hemisphere this year. You're right about UK being dire - my mother spends half her weekly phone call with me telling me how bad it is. The outlaws live in NY and seem to have had a tonne of snow this year. They even dropped me this link to show the difference from this year to last -
Weather Channel

Back
Top Bottom