What's new

Alternatives to PLEDGE for Satin Titanium finish

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Cleaning up the Titanium frame prior to a rebuild of front end and I will need to polish out some grease and oil stains. The manufacturer recommemnds lemon pledge but I cant get any. What are you guys using on blasted or satin Ti finishes instead? I know a scotchbrire pad works on brushed finishes but this is blasted.
cheers.

I used to use Finish Line Showroom Belarusian to clean my Ti frame. Wax on... wax off. I miss that bike...

On my old Team Hei Hei we washed the frames with washing up liquid and then used vinegar on them - don't need to wash it off.

Then to get a gloss mirror finish we used J&J baby oil.

If your frame is beadblasted (matte) finish - then if you use scotchbrite or other abrasive pad it will burnish and polish it slightly. If you just want to keep the rough matte, then use acetone on a microfiber towel to degrease it. There is no wax or coating requirement. Ti forms an oxide layer very quick and that's the finish! For the polished frames, using a silicone type of wax can bring out the sheen, and using a scotchbrite will help to further polish or burninsh the finish. If you really want it shiny, then use some metal polish with compound.

@Mike - the elves are working! Talked to them today :)
What was her name?

Back
Top Bottom