Alternatives to PLEDGE for Satin Titanium finish

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Japan
Cleaning up the Titanium frame prior to a rebuild of front end and I will need to polish out some grease and oil stains. The manufacturer recommemnds lemon pledge but I cant get any. What are you guys using on blasted or satin Ti finishes instead? I know a scotchbrire pad works on brushed finishes but this is blasted.
cheers.

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
On my old Team Hei Hei we washed the frames with washing up liquid and then used vinegar on them - don't need to wash it off.

Then to get a gloss mirror finish we used J&J baby oil.

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
If your frame is beadblasted (matte) finish - then if you use scotchbrite or other abrasive pad it will burnish and polish it slightly. If you just want to keep the rough matte, then use acetone on a microfiber towel to degrease it. There is no wax or coating requirement. Ti forms an oxide layer very quick and that's the finish! For the polished frames, using a silicone type of wax can bring out the sheen, and using a scotchbrite will help to further polish or burninsh the finish. If you really want it shiny, then use some metal polish with compound.

@Mike - the elves are working! Talked to them today :)
What was her name?