What's new

ALT TIRE IRONS IN JAPAN

TODO R CASPELL

Maximum Pace
Jan 27, 2009
I think I have assimilated into the culture. Last night I changed a flat with a chopstick in < 10 minutes. However I am STILL illiterate. Ride lots, Todo

PS. I also like disposable razor handles,
you can sand them to shape using concrete curb.

I repaired my cracked frame with some chopsticks (after eating the cup noodle first). Luckily I didn't need them later on to repair any flats!

picture.php
[/IMG]

Who needs tyre levers? I usually take them but rarely use them, prefering to do it by hand than dig out the levers.
Be careful with any improvised steel levers, they may remove a chunk from you soft alu (or carbon!) rim.

or what wheels you have:

I have a mavic training wheel on the front and can take off the michelin tyre by hand

I have a DT wheel on the back and it's a real chore changing the same tyre. Metal levers flying everywhere!

The worst set I ever had for tyre changes were some old dura ace, nice looking wheels with a green deepish rims and few spokes, but really hard to change the tyres....

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

I guess it depends what tyres you use. No way I can get my Panaracer Duro 700x23s off without them.
That`s fair, them Duro`s are wickedly tight, sometimes one wonders if they`re made to the correct size!
For those who don`t know; it always helps to move the beads of the tyre into the centre trough of the rim, this being a slightly smaller diameter than the hook of the rim. Do this by twisting the tyre in several places around it`s diameter. This applies for removal and fitting, especially for fitting since using levers is likley to pinch the tube.

Back
Top Bottom