What's new

Aloha

rex kramer

Warming-Up
Feb 26, 2017
Hello everyone,

I'm obviously new to the forum and also new to Japan. I'm just a guy being a dude wanting to be a guy who cycles in the Tokyo/Yokohama/Yokosuka/Kanagawa area. I qualified for the Leadville MTB100 and will be racing this August 2017. I'm looking to log some miles both road and mountain in the next few months and any help/support you all are willing to supply would be much appreciated!

I've fancied myself as a XC mountain biker for a while, but this new 100 mile endurance endeavour has forced me to adapt to the road side of the house! Hoping the next few months are fruitful in terms of riding in this group and at the very least learning some kick ass rides (road/offroad) to hit alone!

Glad you introduced yourself! I got your strava request and just kinda set it aside as just another person randomly sending requests... seriously, I have no idea who most of the requests are.

I ride during the weekday afternoons as well as Saturday morning. I rarely ride road anymore, but keep in touch with all the guys I used to ride with on Saturday mornings. Let me know when you are free and I can show you a few trail heads and give you some "rules" that are unique to Japan and not well publicized.

Hi there and welcome.
I don't ride MTB these days, only road. I'm generally out most weekends and although I haven't been posting the im rides on here much, if you are interested, let me know and we can hit some of the north Saitama mountains (might not be so easy for you to get to though, depending on where you live)

Rex.

I am also moving to Japan end of this month

I will be living in Yokohama in Honmoku, close to Honmoku Sanchu Park.

Please let me know if you do manage to find some routes.

Hennie

Honmoku isn't too bad. You can get to RT357 and ride that most the way to Miura. Avoid rush hour as there are a lot of work trucks on that road. Once you get to Seaside park, you can work your way to route 16 toward Yokosuka. Once there, you have the Miura Loop.

This was one of my old routes from when I lived in Chinatown.

https://www.strava.com/routes/392958

Great, thanks.

it gives me an idea of at least where to start and what better way to explore than on a bike

Hello everyone,

I'm obviously new to the forum and also new to Japan. I'm just a guy being a dude wanting to be a guy who cycles in the Tokyo/Yokohama/Yokosuka/Kanagawa area. I qualified for the Leadville MTB100 and will be racing this August 2017. I'm looking to log some miles both road and mountain in the next few months and any help/support you all are willing to supply would be much appreciated!

I've fancied myself as a XC mountain biker for a while, but this new 100 mile endurance endeavour has forced me to adapt to the road side of the house! Hoping the next few months are fruitful in terms of riding in this group and at the very least learning some kick ass rides (road/offroad) to hit alone!

Hi,

You might like route 76 up in the mountains. It is mostly road biking but there is a 10km section at the top that is unpaved rindo. You can check it out on the 'Tanzawa and beyond' thread. Lots of rindos you might like around Hadano / Yabitsu area as well.

Back
Top Bottom