Almost Tokyo

Musashi13

Maximum Pace
Aug 27, 2012
Ichikawa, Chiba
Hi all,

I`ve been in Japan since 2000 and spent the lot of it in Ichikawa, Chiba. Just spitting distance outside Tokyo on the East side. I`m Irish by birth but grew up in England in the home of Raleigh bikes, Nottingham.

My cycling history is nothing of note but I have always ridden. In Japan I jumped off the mamachari onto a cheap Specialized MTB but that made it difficult to go any distance, which I did once in a while. When I had ridden that into the ground I bought a Scott Sub 30 which I thought cost the earth and so I looked after it and enjoyed riding it. Not 3 months ago it was taken from outside my house, locked but not locked to anything, so I started looking for a new one.

Since buying the new bike I have seriously regretted not buying a road bike but have genuinely been loving riding so much that I looked you up and want to earn the right to n+1.

My wife said she`d divorce me if I ever wore lycra so my next step is to get hold of your team kit and test her love.

Looking forward to being a participating member of the club

Musashi13

Maximum Pace
Aug 27, 2012
Ichikawa, Chiba
So, this is what I am riding around on now and this is where I do most of my cycling. I have managed to clock up over 1100km in about 2 months. No hills, all flat as a pancake:(.

I put some Ergon GP5 on it to give me another hand position but now I feel the handle bar might be too long. If I wanted to cut it down, say 15mm each end, would a LBS be able to accommodate?

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FkIEN1.jpg&hash=2ed9f118d7dda3076420e3fc9c84196d

microcord

Maximum Pace
Aug 28, 2012
Tokyo
Welcome! (Even though I've only been here a couple of days longer than you.)

I'd guess that it would depend on which LBS it was, how genially you asked, whether they recognized your face as that of somebody who'd bought stuff before, etc.

Decades before the recent fad for very narrow handlebars, Pops microcord wanted narrow handlebars so that all four of the family's bikes could go along one side of the garage and yet provide space to open the door of the family car. It was a simple job for a hacksaw. (And it still is.)The last time I looked, hacksaws were still very cheap.

Dec 17, 2011
kanazawa
Welcome and have fun! :D

Hi all,
My wife said she`d divorce me if I ever wore lycra so my next step is to get hold of your team kit and test her love.
Judging from my experience, my gf seriously disliked the idea of me wearing lycra, but I got away with it with just some teasing :) your marriage should be safe! :D