What's new

Race Akagi 4h offroad race report

andywood

Maximum Pace
Apr 8, 2008
I had the pleasure of hanging out with US based pro MTB rider Yuki Ikeda on Sunday. What a lovely guy! The strong guys usually are!

Race report in the link below.

Cheers, Andy

Nice summary. I'm a bit amazed at the eclectic collection of parts that you have on your bike: a 40-tooth XTR chainring with an Apex 1 groupset and a Sensah rear derailleur? I paid through my nose when I replaced the chainring on my new mountain bike with an original Shimano XTR one.

Nice summary. I'm a bit amazed at the eclectic collection of parts that you have on your bike: a 40-tooth XTR chainring with an Apex 1 groupset and a Sensah rear derailleur? I paid through my nose when I replaced the chainring on my new mountain bike with an original Shimano XTR one.
I checked and it's actually GRX. Which shows you how little I care about components!

But I'd say Shimano is the best part.

I'm not a big fan of Sram. Just the poor shifting performance in comparison to Shimano. And one shift lever when you are riding hard on rough terrain makes mishifts common.

Sensah is cheap and readily available, but the jockey wheels didn't last a month. Here's hoping the mechanical components are more durable!

Andy

Back
Top Bottom