What's new

"Adventurous Cyclist", the fun of cycling in Japan, my adventures

"Till about June 20th" is optimistic. For months, our dear government here has been choosing dates that won't instantly annoy the electorate -- and then, as these dates approach, either (a) changing those dates, or (b) not changing them, seeing an increase in infections and setting new advisories with their own dates.
That's true, microcord. I keep an open mind on future travels, but for me the need to travel again soon I feel is a must. I haven't much of this country and I'd like to start seeing it now. Cycling is my only transportation currently so I look at traveling a bit differently then by car or scooter. Either way, tomorrow I start planning for to hopefully start again in July. And yes, this virus thing is NOT going away, we have to adjust to it and make the best what we can to survive and be happy. On my travels, I was sadden to see so many shops closed down, especially in Tottori city which it seems like they did a remodel of the downtown area. Was quite empty. ( oh and I plan to go up the Pacific Coast this time )

. . . but the west coast (Nihonkai) is generally lower populated and more pleasant.

Got two or three thousand yen to spare, and want to whet your appetite further? The publisher's RRP of Dodo's book Nihonkai is a bit steep, but lightly used copies aren't so hard to find at as little as one third the price. Good B/W photos (which constitute most of the book), and text/captions in English as well as Japanese. (No, this is not a book to carry with you on your next excursion. It's rather too bulky and heavy for that!)

. . . but the west coast (Nihonkai) is generally lower populated and more pleasant.

Got two or three thousand yen to spare, and want to whet your appetite further? The publisher's RRP of Dodo's book Nihonkai is a bit steep, but lightly used copies aren't so hard to find at as little as one third the price. Good B/W photos (which constitute most of the book), and text/captions in English as well as Japanese. (No, this is not a book to carry with you on your next excursion. It's rather too bulky and heavy for that!)
Haven't heard of it, but I'll check amazon to see if it is available. Thanks.

I' m working on that now

This is a test on how I'm trying to post pictures using a "file". I have about 45 days of pictures, but I cut back on them and added comments about the pictures.
Test.OK it seems to work. I'll put this in a few threads, also I will start a different thread of my hope to do a full cycling tour of Japan starting this month.

Continuation going to Ishikawa.
httphttps://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipMoeD4sBhET1B-zHFqRn_55SDDK2kzYbbTgAlxK
s://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipNWjza0tptz0RdYNDEZ1_q2N97XvQIPEtMAkdGp

OK, can you see the pictures?

OK I granted access to the above pictures.
all new to me lol

More pictures of going to Ishikawa

Some more pictures

Some more pictures of cycling up to Ishikawa

Some more pictures of Tottori Prefecture

More pictures of Ishikawa peninsular

Sadly I had to stop short of my tour of cycling Japan, due to travel restrictions that were soon to be in place and everything was closing up. I did enjoy every minute of this adventure of seeing Japan.
I intend to start a new journey sometime this June of all Japan. I'll make a new thread so this thread will close now. But any new cycling around Yamaguchi or nearby I'll continue to post here. But my new cross country cycling tour will have its own folder I think.
Thanks everyone . Hope you all enjoyed the pictures.

Once the govt. lifts the state of emergency I'll start my journey from Yamaguchi and go along the Pacific Coast side.

April 13 Wensday
At 6 am I start my tour.
I take the train from Ube, Yamaguchi ken to Iwami Seaside Park in Shimane ken. Also train stopped and we all had to take JR bus to Matsuda, 1.5 hour ride.
I arrive 12:30.
8 km ride to campsight. By 2 :30 tent is up. Raining but went to store.
Spent 2700 yen, train and food. Heavy rain all night.
Here are some pictures. You can download JR west train map and follow From Ube to Nagatoshi to Shimoko station in Shimane.
Can't load the pictures . I ll try later.

1649897969471.jpg

No one here but me.
Iwami Seaside Park in Hamada, Shimane. Free campsite . Been raining yesterda and today.

Back
Top Bottom