What's new

"Adventurous Cyclist", the fun of cycling in Japan, my adventures

Went to Yamaguchi-Ube airport. The airport only serves routes to Tokyo.
Have to catch a flight out of Fukuoka, but do you guys know of any airlines out of Kita Kyushu that might fly to Naha ?
Current price from Fukuoka to Naha is about 10000 yen. Not bad I don't think, but the cashier said in May and June the price gets expensive.
Would going to a travel agent and do a package thing and try to reschedule a flight from Naha to Fukuoka work?

I guess it really does take a lot of planning to do what I have planned.

So I added a few more goodies for my touring Japan. ( oh, I did lighten up my backpack, not too heavy ) ( will post a list later )

So I bought these today.

DSCN4866.JPG

DSCN4865.JPG

DSCN4864.JPG

so I think I got what I need for the bike and Android phone now.

what's next, not sure yet

Went to Yamaguchi-Ube airport. The airport only serves routes to Tokyo.
Have to catch a flight out of Fukuoka, but do you guys know of any airlines out of Kita Kyushu that might fly to Naha ?
Current price from Fukuoka to Naha is about 10000 yen. Not bad I don't think, but the cashier said in May and June the price gets expensive.
Would going to a travel agent and do a package thing and try to reschedule a flight from Naha to Fukuoka work?

I guess it really does take a lot of planning to do what I have planned.
StarFlyer fly from KitaQ to Naha in the spring and summer
Star Flyer

Last edited:
Went to I've ube port today, had the shingles for some kind of shrimp snacks.
See if I can post a picture again on the phone.
Nope can't still post a picture on it

StarFlyer fly from KitaQ to Naha in the spring and summer
Star Flyer
It's been a while, but I once met a fellow at a conference in Naha, who had tried flying with his bike--and I can't remember if it was from Osaka or Nagoya. He'd hit either a weight or size limit with his packed up bike, and they just wouldn't let him fly. He lost that ticket, and a couple days riding while re-doing his gear and getting on another plane. And he was a credit card tourer, not a camper.

The point would be to really make sure of the luggage limits if you're flying.

It's been a while, but I once met a fellow at a conference in Naha, who had tried flying with his bike--and I can't remember if it was from Osaka or Nagoya. He'd hit either a weight or size limit with his packed up bike, and they just wouldn't let him fly. He lost that ticket, and a couple days riding while re-doing his gear and getting on another plane. And he was a credit card tourer, not a camper.

The point would be to really make sure of the luggage limits if you're flying.
I'm glad you brought that up. I'm finding it a very big inconvenience to put my bike on a plane in Fukuoka. Its possible, but costly and sadly I wouldn't be able to find out what the restrictions are till I get to the airline counter and find out and that is most likely after I had already bought my ticket.
So now, I put my thinking cap back on.

Seino have whole bike shipment from Yamaguchi to OKinawa for 12,200 yen one way.

Seino have whole bike shipment from Yamaguchi to OKinawa for 12,200 yen one way.
Thanks Simon. They also require a bike box for shipping. Not provided.

Just came across this video. Watching it now.

IMG_20210315_124736.jpgIMG_20210315_124736.jpg

This is my typical lunch when out cycling. Drinking orange juice, sardines and crackers and some chips and nuts from Costco.

Last edited:
Okay I'll try it again put some more pictures to see if it works this time I don't know sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't and it's pretty frustrating

IMG_20210315_124145.jpgIMG_20210315_122016.jpg

Well I used to stop off at 7-Eleven and then start cycling from there for a couple hours

Why don't you just fly with Skymark and take the bike frame and clothes etc with you and ship your wheels with a courier?
You can carry up to 20kgs for no charge and an extra 1000円 for each kilo on the plane and a small frame like yours is well undersize.
1615894918853.png

@kiwisimon

Well, not sure what really is going to take place at the moment yet. Seems like I started out as simple as possible, but the world has changed so quickly. I kind of think what may take place soon. Now I heard the stimulus money is being sent out from the US. A 1400 check and the only way I can cash it like my other one is in Okinawa. ( so Okinawa might just come in handy when the time is right ) Its good that you are giving me all this info. Thanks.

Last edited:
I added these items today to my travel bag.
1. rope ( one hundred yen , will use for emergency shelter cover )
2. package of mask
3. emergency blanket ( only one hundred yen )
4. stainless steel chopsticks ( foldable )
5. game lol hey when its raining why not have a game to play
6. emergency shelter ( 800 yen, hope its kind of heavy duty ? )

DSC_0006camp new stuff.JPG

Pitched the tent for the first time in almost 2 years.

DSC_0010 tent.JPG

Back
Top Bottom