"Adventurous Cyclist", the fun of cycling in Japan, my adventures

adventurous cyclist

turtle speed cyclist
May 16, 2019
Ube -shi, Yamaguchi-ken
you can ride there over a bridge but it's 142kms away. Maybe next year?
I wonder if I can take a train up there from Ube. Also, is the campsite on the north side of the island open in Sept or Oct?

We went there by car and camped at Yanai. The beach is nice, but the water gets deep real fast.
This is something I'd like to challenge, but I'm having a hard time on getting any info on the island in general.
By the way, do you live anywhere near the island?

Reactions: Kangaeroo

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Japan
no mate I live in Aomori the other end of Honshu .
Re: campsites, I usually just go and if the campsite is closed then it's a safe bet :: if you pitched your tent in an out of the way place towards dusk and packed up at dawn, no one would complain, doubt they would ever see you. If they do, just play ignorant and say you arrived too late and had nowhere to stay. end of season camping is the best time. Not crowded and locals are usually more relaxed,

adventurous cyclist

turtle speed cyclist
May 16, 2019
Ube -shi, Yamaguchi-ken
Well today, it is cleaning and waxing the bike. I'm not sure if Giant uses a primer before the finish coat, but luckily the missing paint from the debris didn't hit my glasses.
Today I cleaned my bike with also this wax. Came out ok I think, but rain is in the air now.

clean wax bike.JPG

adventurous cyclist

turtle speed cyclist
May 16, 2019
Ube -shi, Yamaguchi-ken
Got to have a few beers when out cycling on a hot day.
218 2 beers for biking.JPG

adventurous cyclist

turtle speed cyclist
May 16, 2019
Ube -shi, Yamaguchi-ken
So it's Nov. 11 on a Sunday. What should we do? Well, we hop the train for about 1030 yen each, one way and go to Mojiko, Kita Kyushu. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g303160-d1423825-Reviews-Mojiko_Station-Kitakyushu_Fukuoka_Prefecture_Kyushu.html
Here are some pictures. I don't know how to upload on the android which has a lot more of the festival that was going on. But here are a few.
Leaving the train, many Chinese tourist today
2 mojiko station.JPG

well, she looks happy

enjoying the station.JPG

A better picture
entering mojiko station.JPG

I've never been to Starbucks. Funny that they would have it at the train station. Disappointed not only with the coffee and cake, but the tradition of the station itself. You'll find no McD's or Kentucky Fried Chicken here, but Starbucks, screw them. Over price muddy water they call coffee.

entrance  Starbucks.JPG

this is crasy , a family mart at this station, we were here when it was a real station, now, it sucks big time

family mart inside station.JPG

front of the station

front entrance mojiko station.JPG

ringing the bell mojiko station.JPG

Kids enjoy this, ringing the old train bell
old water fountain at station.JPG
ticket booth
ticket booth.JPG