What's new

Accurate Weather forecasting for West Tokyo

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Pretty much what it says..... I need an accurate site that can proved weather forecasts for Western Tokyo (Areas like Tomin no Mori, Wada etc) so that I can inform riders if a scheduled ride will be canceled due to poor weather and to meet at a different location for indoor training.

As many of you know I am running an amateur team for 2012 and I plan during the rainy season or times of year like now to either hold spinning sessions or indoor training for riders.

Could be wrong, but I thought this was the grand-daddy wx site, and that other sites were just cloaking it or using add-ons to make it look like their own:

http://www.jma.go.jp/jp/radnowc/

...and various links on the right. Click on your part of the country for a closer view.

At least locally, the radar occasionally misses one way or the other--false positives (rain) for certain types of cloud cover when it not really raining, and then also when the activity is really low.

Jdd,

Weather news actually trains all the weather reporters on Japan TV. Used to meet a steady flow of TV celebs in the lift durring the week. Not sure where they get the data from though.

Yes, I was thinking jma for the data. Whether you want to read/interpret that yourself or have a wx team in between is another can of worms.

Back
Top Bottom